Website Winona County Historical Society
The Winona County Historical Society seeks to fill a full-time temporary position to assist with a project funded by the Minnesota Historical and Cultural Heritage Grants program. The Collections Assistant will help to catalog and digitize vulnerable, essential, and less accessible images in the photograph and negative collection and to rehouse a significant amount of the material. This project is scheduled to last until June 30, 2022. Compensation is $16/hr.
– Preferred minimum of three years volunteering/working in a library or archives.
– Bachelor’s degree in museum studies, library science, public history or related field is required.
– Familiarity with museum collection standards and object handling practices.
– Experience with cataloging and scanning photograph and negative collections.
– Experience with PastPerfect or similar museum collection software.
– Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
– Ability to lift up to forty pounds and climb a step ladder.
– Ability to work in a variety of conditions, and in environments subject to dust.
To Apply – Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Collections Assistant as the subject line. We will begin reviewing applicant materials on September 3, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com