Website Winona County Historical Society
The Winona County Historical Society seeks to fill two full-time temporary positions to assist with a project funded by the Minnesota Historical and Cultural Heritage Grants program. The Collections Assistants will help to catalog and digitize vulnerable, essential, and less accessible images in the photograph and negative collection and to rehouse a significant amount of the material. This project is scheduled to last for seventy weeks, with a tentative start date set for February 22, 2021. Compensation will be $16/hr.
– Preferred minimum of three years volunteering/working in a library or archives.- Degree (M.A./M.S preferred) in Museum Studies, Library Science, or related field is required.
– Familiarity with museum collection standards and object handling practices.
– Experience with cataloging and scanning photograph and negative collections.
– Experience with PastPerfect or similar museum collection software.
– Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
– Ability to lift up to forty pounds and climb a step ladder.
– Ability to work in a variety of conditions, and in environments subject to dust.
To Apply – Please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to email@example.com, with Collections Assistant as the subject line. Materials must be received by January 11, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit www.winonahistory.org.