Schedule at a Glance
Spring Into Well-Being Week was organized by the Association of Midwest Museums, Mid-Atlantic Association of Museums and HUB International. We’re dedicating a week to well-being because it is important – crisis or not – and because we all need reminders to self-care from time to time.
Create your own well-being program with presentations and activities that focus on creativity and humor or mindfulness and stress-relief.
Monday, May 4 (May the Fourth be with YOU!)
- 11:00am EDT – Guided Jedi Meditation – We’ll start the week off with a guided Jedi meditation to become one with the universe. Meditation will last approximately 20-30 minutes. Please join for as long as you wish.
- 3:00pm EDT – Yoda-vation Monday Presentation– Learn about how museum leaders are finding time to center, focus and be creative during this 20-minute presentation, followed by Q&A.
Tuesday, May 5
- 11:00am EDT – Virtual Nature Hike – Join us for a 20-minute hike in a forest, listen to the songs of birds, all from your elliptical or couch.
- 12:30pm EDT – Show and Tell Brown Bag Lunch – How do you decompress or find creativity right now? What’s giving you life? Let’s look and watch together! (Don’t forget your lunch!)
Wednesday, May 6
- 11:00am EDT – Financial Well-Being During Closures – This 20-minute presentation will cover tips for saving money right now, followed by a discussion about creative ways participants have reduced expenses or generated income from home.
- 3:00pm EDT – Creativity at Home – This 20-minute session will feature museums in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions who have creatively supported families coping with school at home or looking for fun activities to do together.
Thursday, May 7
- 11:00am EDT – Simple Mindfulness Exercises – Averie Shaugnessy-Comfort, executive director of MAAM, will demonstrate simple mindfulness exercises she has used to focus or relieve stress. Exercises are inspired by the book How to Train a Wild Elephant by Jan Chozen-Bays.
- 3:00pm EDT – Afternoon Trivia Break – How about a little exercise for your brain, off the topic of museums? Team up with museum colleagues (randomly selected) for a rousing game of trivia. (Due to the nature of this activity, we have limited capacity to 50 participants.)
Friday, May 8
- 11:00am EDT – Some Good (Museum) News – Drawing inspiration from John Krasinski’s Some Good News initiative, let’s celebrate – and be entertained by – the great things museums have been doing over the last two months. You’ll even get to vote for your favorites!
- 2:00pm EDT – Creativity in the New Normal – We’ve invited museum educators/improv actors to demonstrate how we can all bring the “yes, and” attitude to our tasks at hand, with a special focus on re-opening a museum.
Our scheduled activities take place virtually using Zoom. We invite you to sign up for the activities that most interest you, and encourage you to bring along your friends and coworkers. All activities are FREE.
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
Well-Being Week Bingo
We all need a little friendly competition for motivation from time to time. So we invite you to enter to win prizes – from Proud Museum Person products to books and gift cards – through our Well-Being Week Bingo Game!
How to Enter: Get a BINGO by completing four tasks in a row on our Well-Being Week Bingo Card (across, up and down, or diagonal). Email AMM photos or screen captures of your completed card and activities from the week. Winners will be announced Monday, May 11th.
We also encourage you to use #museumwellbeing when you share your accomplishments, no matter how big or small, on social media.