The Association of Midwest Museums (AMM) manages a variety of social media channels intended to connect, inform, engage, and support members of the museum community in the Midwest and beyond.
Our community includes diverse organizations and individuals, who all have the right to feel comfortable and who may not think what you think, believe what you believe, or see what you see. Help us create a safe, welcoming, and inclusive space for all by adhering to the following basic guidelines in your comments and exchanges related to our social media and blog posts.
We encourage healthy dialogue between our community members and welcome comments that:
- are respectful and inclusive
- are related to the topic at hand
- engage in debate respectfully
- add insights and perspectives to the conversation
We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. We moderate comments and reserve the right to delete any comment at any time for any reason, including comments that:
- are personal, which includes any comment that:
- attacks another individual’s or organization’s credibility or motivation
- attacks another person’s lived experiences or identity
- violates or infringes in any other way upon the rights and safety of others, including any statements which may defame, harass, stalk, or threaten
- are offensive to the online community, including, without limitation, expressions of obscenity, bigotry, racism, abusiveness, vulgarity or profanity
- include unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional materials or any solicitation with respect to products, services, political campaigns and/or lobbying
- impersonate any person or organization or otherwise misrepresent your affiliations with any people or organizations
- interfere with any other user’s right to privacy
- includes content that violates anyone’s ownership rights without their express written consent in advance.
Thank you for your cooperation.