Website Walker Art Center
The Walker Art Center is seeking a full-time skilled and energetic Retail Sales and Operations Manager. This position is responsible for leading the Walker Shop sales team and daily operations. Responsibilities include providing a welcoming experience to Walker visitors, leading the sales team in customer service excellence, proactively resolving conflicts, scheduling needs, supervising and coaching the sales team, assisting with curbside service and ecommerce fulfilment as needed.
- Lead the Walker Art Center Shops’ retail, e-commerce, and wholesale business
- Coach to behaviors that drive customer service and sales goals
- Identify areas for business growth; develop and execute action plans
- Establish and maintain sales and operations policies and procedures
- Schedule staff coverage based on the needs of the business and productivity
- Conduct annual performance appraisals for sales staff
- Follow inventory management guidelines (shipping, receiving, invoicing, physical counts, damages, etc.)
- Develop vendor relationships, negotiate terms, discounts, exclusivity, etc.
- Represent Shop as needed to the public, media, and retail community
- Communicate relevant Shop information to staff and internal audiences
- Full-time (35 hours), Exempt; $50-60k annually, dependent on experience; excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 year’s retail experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 years supervising/management experience preferred
- Experience working with Shopify preferred
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals and manage retail budgets required
- A demonstrated understanding of retail math and metrics required
- Excellent customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Strong supervisory and motivational skills
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (2+ hours) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
- Proficient using cash registers, retail POS/inventory control computer systems, and Windows environment including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and internet; knowledge of NCR Counterpoint SQL a plus.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
To apply for this job please visit walkerart.hiringthing.com.