Website Norskedalen Nature & Heritage Center
Norskedalen is seeking a dynamic individual to become our newest member of the team as the Support Manager. This newly created role will allow for a great deal of flexibility in the day-to-day activities as no one day will be the same as the next. This position requires full or part time work on-site at the Norskedalen grounds with primary responsibilities of providing support to the Executive Director, Coordinators, and our numerous volunteer staff. This role will also be key in maintaining our social media presence. Pay starts at $32,000 and generous health benefits are available. See below for more details or reach out to Lori Dubczak directly at (608) 452-3424.
An hourly, full or part-time, year-round position with primary responsibilities of providing support to Executive Director, Coordinators and Volunteers. Support includes social media marketing, volunteer recruiting and scheduling, and development support. Reports to Executive Director (E.D.).
- Post-secondary degree and/or equivalent experience in subjects appropriate to Norskedalen.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Skills to plan, implement and evaluate events and programs. This includes recruiting and/or training volunteers to participate in a wide-variety of activities.
- Proficiency with tools necessary for program implementation; this includes current technology and database use, Microsoft Office programs, and others as deemed appropriate.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer recruiting and scheduling (30%)
- Working with E.D. and Coordinators to identify volunteer needs for events, guided tours, and school programs followed by recruiting and scheduling of volunteers.
- Building rapport with Norskedalen members and volunteers to fill identified needs.
- Tracking of volunteer hours, job preferences, availability and areas of expertise.
- Social Media Marketing (30%)
- Work directly with E.D. to develop and implement marketing of online programs such as Letters from Anne, Heritage Class videos, Civil War, and others as they are developed.
- Coordinate purchases of programs and materials received via internet with Finance Manager.
- Contracted Groups (20%)
- Work with wedding couples, insuring that all details and payments meet Norskedalen guidelines.
- Work with tour groups and shelter rental groups such as family gatherings, insuring both the clients’ needs and Norskedalen guidelines are met.
- Development (20%)
- Work with E.D. for database details, segmentation and implementation of on-going development work.
- Works cooperatively to promote and advance the mission of Norskedalen, and upholds all personnel policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds, have the ability to climb a short ladder, and have mobility to move around on uneven ground throughout the site to present and monitor programs.
- Uses Vision and Oral Skills for public speaking and communication with visitors and volunteers.
- Creates a friendly, positive, safe environment that encourages guests and volunteers to return again.
- Able to help as needed for all daily operational tasks and events.
- Contributes to the success of fundraisers and special events.
- Promotes Norskedalen’s Core Values in all decisions and actions.
- Requires some evening and weekend work.
Note: This job description is not meant to be all inclusive. Job duties, responsibilities and hours may flex as needed to support the mission and strategic plan of Norskedalen and as directed by the Board of Directors through the Board Chair.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org