Position Title: Lifelong Learning Coordinator
Reporting Division: Visitor Experience
Reporting Department: Experience & Education
Reporting Supervisor: Associate Director of Experience and Education
Location: LL Ball
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Organizational Function: Manager/Front Line Supervisor
Develop, facilitate, and evaluate educational programming for workshops and programs of all types aligned with the Minnetrista Philosophy of Visitor Engagement and Institutional Interpretive Framework.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in education, history, art, natural history/environmental education, or related field; 3-5 years’ experience. Background in a museum environment is a plus.
- Have education experience, including developing and evaluating age-appropriate curriculum and working with diverse audiences of children and adults.
- Comfortable teaching large and small groups; support and practice imaginative, engaging and learner-centered education.
- Experience with painting, canning, gardening, and/or glass art is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills of numerous projects at one time.
- Possess strong communication, multitasking, organizational, and project management skills including logistics, scheduling, supplies needs and staffing; ability to work individually and collaboratively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. The incumbent ensures effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual demonstrates maturity, sound judgment, positive attitude, and works collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all position responsibilities include the following three performance expectations & priorities:
- Achieve the organization’s purpose by demonstrating Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals, and strategies daily.
- Help others achieve the organization’s purpose through collaboration and teamwork.
- Carry out job function through completing the following essential duties directly or through subordinate personnel.
- Develop, facilitate, deliver, and assess lifelong learning programming including but not limited to glass art, canning, Bob Ross painting, and Tea and Talk programs.
- Cultivate and supervise volunteers and interns to support programming; manage other staff as needed to provide quality programming.
- Collaborate with community members and institutional staff to develop, implement and evaluate workshop and lifelong learner programming.
- Collaborate with experience & education and visitor services departments to develop appropriate schedules for lifelong learning experiences.
- Develop and deliver training relevant to program delivery.
- Train, schedule, and assess guest teachers and presenters for fresh and relevant programming.
- Participate in professional development to improve the philosophy and practice embedded in lifelong learning programming.
- Develop and manage the budget for programs in consultation with the associate director of experience & education.
- Support the experience & education department in programming implementation as needed.
- Perform all other duties required.
Work schedule flexibility is critical; will need to work some evenings and weekends and be able to move about the entire Minnetrista’s 40-acre campus. Work is both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. Travel required between buildings. Must be able to work in a primarily sedentary office environment with desk, computer, phone, and files and in other spaces including outdoors. May involve standing on uneven surfaces, natural surfaces, or concrete floors for long periods of time. Must be able to stretch, carry, reach overhead and lift up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minnetrista values diversity and inclusivity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: $35,500 (negotiable)
Apply at: https://minnetrista.net/home/about-minnetrista/careers/
To apply for this job please visit minnetrista.net.