Website Minnesota Historical Society
#MARKETING #COMMUNICATIONS #MUSEUM
JOB TITLE: #1648 Head of Creative Services
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $5,934.00 monthly minimum, commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Marketing Communications
CLASSIFICATION: 23K Supervisory
HIRING MANAGER: Director, Digital Access & Creative Services
POSTING DATE: July 19, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to manage the Minnesota Historical Society’s creative services team and supervises the use and development of MNHS’s brand and media identities. The Head of Creative Services proactively directs creative development of design, copy, social media, and multimedia content for all communications platforms. The Head of Creative Services manages the Minnesota Historical Society’s brand by leading the development and production of integrated marketing communications programs in all mediums that portray the MNHS brand to the public.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Develop and lead implementation of marketing and communications vehicles for MNHS and all of its entities; 2) Design and produce marketing materials; 3) Direct creative services production for all communications media and platforms created for MNHS, ensuring the MNHS brand is communicated clearly and consistently; 4) Provide overall direction for hiring, training, supervision, and motivation for creative services staff, interns, and volunteers, and ensure overall compliance with MNHS policies and procedures; 5) Manage and coordinate annual and long-range work plans; 6) Serve as a catalyst for proactive change, ensuring that MNHS uses the latest and most effective creative vehicles to market and communicate its services and mission to the public.
● Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
● At least eight years experience in creative direction and design, with specific managerial experience leading creative staff (copywriters, designers, multimedia developer, social media) within a large organization.
● Expert knowledge of design methods and standards.
● Expert knowledge and proficiency in the use of the Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier)
● Demonstrated ability to transform goals into tangible marketing and communications products.
● Direct experience in creative development of copy, design for print and web, and multimedia production.
● Proven track record in developing, implementing and adhering to work plans, budgets and proposals.
● Understanding of marketing and communications fields.
● Demonstrated leadership to supervise the work of others and mentor staff.
● Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
● Confidence and strong oral communications skills necessary to lead brand management with diverse groups within the organization.
● Ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Attention to detail in managing timelines and budgets.
● Valid driver’s license.
● Ability and willingness to travel.
● Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
● Experience in pre-press and managing print vendors.
● Experience in product development.
● Experience in Agile project management.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.