Website Minnesota Historical Society
#education #customer service #history #museum
JOB TITLE: #1588 Guest Services, K-12 Lead
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $19.90 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Metro Sites & Operations
CLASSIFICATION: 05L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Guest Services Manager III
POSTING DATE: April 22, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: May 20, 2022
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to work in the K-12 scheduling office coordinating the daily operations of MNHS programs for education audiences, to strengthen customer service and increase attendance and revenue.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Assist in coordinating the daily operations of MNHS programs for education audiences including managing booking requests, coordinating program request logistics and updating scheduling systems and records; 2) Assist in the research, development and implementation of strategies designed to welcome all callers and visitors, promote MNHS programs and brand, strengthen customer service, and increase repeat attendance; 3) Assist in the development of strategies to build education group audiences, strengthen customer loyalty, increase attendance, and increase revenue; and 4) Provide general assistance in the Guest Services’ and overall Teacher Education & Curriculum operations including classroom scheduling and facilities rentals.
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Two years experience or formalized training within a professional discipline.
● Demonstrated ability to operate efficiently an online computerized scheduling system and to understand and manipulate the complexities of the system with confidence.
● Strong attention to detail and accuracy in all aspects of work.
● Previous experience in promotions or customer service.
● Demonstrated experience with high volume phone work.
● Familiarity with accounting principles, office procedures, administrative methods, and personnel management.
● Strong written and oral communication skills.
● Excellent customer service and human relations skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse public in a friendly and open manner.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Ability to train others in use of computer scheduling systems and in customer service practices.
● Demonstrated computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Google Applications.
● Availability to work during peak calling and booking hours, which is approximately 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
● Demonstrated keyboarding/typing proficiency.
● Bachelor’s degree.
● Familiarity with Artifax scheduling software and Patron Edge Box Office Management software.
● Broad knowledge of MNHS programs, services, policies, and procedures.
● Familiarity with visitor studies research and evaluation techniques.
● Ability to adapt to new technology as it emerges and applies it to Guest Services operations.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
● Previous experience with K-12 audiences.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.