Website Minnesota Historical Society
Minnesota Premier Historical Society and Museum
JOB TITLE: #1401 Program Staff – contributing to both the Historic Forestville interpretive
programming and History Day program
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Historic Forestville, 21899 County 118 Rd, Preston, MN 55965
SALARY: $19.03 / $20.98 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program and a
retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick
time accruals with additional paid holidays.
HIRING MANAGERS: Site Manager I, Historic Forestville and Head of History Day
POSTING DATE: March 16, 2021
DEADLINE DATE: April 5, 2021
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s
career center at www. mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to: 1) Assist in the development and delivery of programming at Historic Forestville that will serve both adult and school aged learners and 2) Support the History Day Program by serving as the Program Representative for Southeastern and South Central Minnesota.
SUMMARY OF WORK: The percentage of work in either program area, whether on Forestville site programming or History Day program, will fluctuate depending on the time of year. 1) Assist in the research, development, and delivery of programming at Forestville; 2) Provide site leadership support; 3) Participate in the recruitment of and outreach to schools, teachers, participants, and organizations for the History Day program; 4) Participate in the History Day contest cycle from local to state involvement; and 5) Assist with the preparation of workshops, curriculum, and media for the History Day Program.
● Bachelor’s degree in education, history, or humanities discipline or related field plus three years experience working in education, program delivery, or program development or curriculum development, or equivalent.
● One to two years as a professional in an educational setting.
● Effective communication skills, including ability to write clearly and concisely and effective oral communication with individuals and groups.
● Demonstrated ability to work both collaboratively and independently to complete projects.
● Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups and individuals.
● Computer skills necessary to develop quality project and program documentation.
● Ability and willingness to travel.
● Holds a valid driver’s license
● General knowledge of Minnesota and United States history.
Demonstrated Skills In:
● Delivering educational programs at a museum or other cultural institution.
● Working with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in an education or customer service environment.
● Conducting research, both historical and contemporary, and synthesizing findings into coherent reports.
● Communicating both verbally and written.
● Demonstrated ability to operate electronic equipment such as point of sale systems and audio-visual equipment.
● Experience creating and delivering educational programs at a museum or other cultural institution.
● Past experience with the History Day program (as a student, teacher, judge, mentor, etc. …)
● Language skills outside of English.
● Previous experience creating and/or delivering training materials in educational or museum settings.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for
the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical
Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a
historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from
a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit htps.