Website Minnesota Historical Society
#customer service #farm #teaching #education #tours
JOB TITLE: #1650 Retail & Guest Experience Lead
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Oliver H. Kelley Farm – 15788 Kelley Farm Road, Elk River, MN, 55330
SALARY: $19.90 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Greater Minnesota Sites
CLASSIFICATION: 05L Professional
HIRING MANAGER: Program Supervisor
POSTING DATE: July 22, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled. Applications received before August 5, 2022 will be given priority.
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to oversee the day-to-day operations of the admissions, retail, and facility rental programs, provide work direction and guidance for assigned staff, and function as the evening and weekend backup for the Oliver Kelley Farm team.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Lead daily visitor services operations; 2) Assist the Oliver Kelley Farm’s retail operations; 3) Assist in K-12 & Daily Programs; and 4) Facilitate site rentals.
● High school diploma or equivalent.
● Two years experience in a retail, sales, or event planning environment.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills
● Experience with ticketing and Point Of Sale (POS) software and a willingness to troubleshoot when issues arise.
● Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse staff and public in a positive, friendly and professional manner.
● Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in an education or customer service environment.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Strong computer skills necessary to develop quality project and program documentation.
● Basic math skills to run sales transactions efficiently.
● Must be able to work nonstandard hours including evenings and weekends.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Experience with financial and admission reporting.
● Strong personal computer skills including intermediate or higher skill level with Microsoft Office and Google Suite software.
● Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team while independently carrying out institutional objectives.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.