Website Manitowoc County Historical Society
Job Title: Guest Services Staff
● Manager: Engagement Manager
● FLSA Salary Classification: Seasonal
● Wage: Starting at $9 per hour; flexible scheduling options
● Availability: Weekends (mainly May through October) with occasional evening availability as required to support the museum and organizational needs
Our Manitowoc County Historical Society is seeking a team-oriented, organized, energetic, and enthusiastic Guest Services Staff Associate who enjoys working with a wide variety of folks and is well-suited to working independently. Our Support Staff assist in opening and closing the museum, running daily operations at our front desk, and managing our point of sale and admissions during their shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Conduct Welcome Center front desk operations, such as welcoming guests, assisting with questions, admissions and Museum Store retail.
● Supervise and support volunteers as assigned.
● Complete other assigned operational tasks before and after daily activity such as: clean up and room preparation.
● Respond to inquiries by telephone and in person concerning a broad variety of museum related topics
● Open and close historic structures daily
● Facilitate daily transactions and reconcile money drawer each shift
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: The position requires the ability to stand for long periods of
time, sit, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk to guests, and lift and carry weight up to 20 lbs. It also
requires work in all outdoor weather conditions.
Standard Work Perks
Employees at MCHS can enjoy the following perks:
● 10% discount in the Museum Store
● Complimentary MCHS Basic Membership
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and references to info@ManitowocCountyHistory.org. In your cover letter, please state why you are attracted to this position and how your strengths are aligned with the description and responsibilities of the Guest Services position and the mission and goals of the Manitowoc County Historical Society.
To apply for this job please visit www.manitowoccountyhistory.org.