Website Management Resource Group, Ltd.
The board of trustees for the Dubuque Museum of Art (DuMA) is looking for a dynamic leader excited to share their passion for art and education with the community. Serving as Chief Executive Officer, the Director has full responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Museum, including supervision and control of all artistic and administrative personnel and programs. In addition the Director will:
- Supervise three full-time and two part-time professional staff members and indirect responsibility for all employees and volunteers.
- Responsible for the financial well-being of the institution, which includes: budget, cost control, capital expenditures, financial controls, banking, profit, pricing, insurance for property and casualty, and reporting all financial results to the Board.
- Function as the administrator and primary fund developer for the organization to include strategies and execution of an ongoing capital campaign, annual giving, corporate contributions, and individual solicitation for major gifts, memorials, planned giving, and events.
- Oversee the development of earned income opportunities to include education programs, facility rentals, admissions, and royalty fees.
- Create dynamic programming and exhibits to increase community involvement and engage the art community.
Qualifications and Past Experience
- Proven leadership ability and financial acumen
- Project management experience and process improvement
- Significant fundraising experience
- Community service involvement, i.e. grant writing, membership on a board (or advisory), preferably art-related
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree; preferably Master’s degree in Art, Business or related degree.
Minimum 5-7 years’ leadership experience in museum space or passion for and involvement in the arts world
- Reported to a board of directors
Starting Salary: $90,000
To apply for this job email your details to Lauri@mrgpeople.com