Website Lakeshore Museum Center
Full-Time Position: Exhibits Curator
Department: Exhibits & Collections Department
Location: Lakeshore Museum Center Muskegon,Michigan Salary Range: $40 – $4SK
Benefits: paid time off including annual leave, sick leave, and holidays; health,vision,and dental benefits, 401k plan match
About the Museum: The Lakeshore Museum Center is a multi-site institution that has exhibits in three of its campuses and small exhibits throughout the community.The Main campusis a traditionaltwo story history/natural history museum that features permanent and temporary exhibits as well as two hands-on rooms. The Historic sites campus includes 5 buildings/homes with changing exhibit spaces. Michigan’s Heritage Park campusis a living history museum that has a changing exhibit space in the visitor’s center. Please see the website www . l akeshoremuseum. org for images and more information.
Work Schedule: Exempt positon that generally works 40 hrs. /week and has benefits. Responsibilities:
1. Design,fabrication,construction, and installation of temporary/changi ng exhibits for the museum.
2. Create a plan for maintenance,annual cleaning,and redesign of permanent exhibits.
3. Maintain temporary exhibitloan agreements.
4. Coordinate the editingprocess oflabels,then design,mount, and installlabels for all exhibits.
5. Responsible for timely change out of off-site exhibits.
6. Develop and track exhibit budget.
7. Develop and manage long term working exhibit calendar with input from Exhibits Committee and Exhibits, Collections,and Program departments.
8. Lead and create agendas for exhibits related meetings.
9. Help pack, unpack, and transport artifacts between collections center and main buriding. 10. Maintain records of each exhibit.
10. Maintain records of each exhibit.
11. Work with education staff on program prop creations such as minecraft, chests, posters, images, Halloween props,etc.
12. Work with volunteers and interns.
13. Order supplies and maintain inventory for exhibit studio and office.
14. Create and maintain relationships with professional colleagues, community members, lenders, and donors.
15. Coordinate exhibit design looks with our marketingfirm.
1. Candidates must have a BA or BS from a design related institution;Master’s preferred.
2. Must have five years of exhibit design,fabrication,construction,and installation experience.
3. Must have working knowledge of design software programs on Mac.
4. Must be able to demonstrate budgeting experience.
5. Must understand how exhibit design and exhibits are connected to programming, marketing, and maintenance departments, and have strong interpersonal skills to work well with all departments.
6. Can demonstrate how exhibits enhance community engagement.
7. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
8. Ability to set and meet deadlines General Position Information:
Supervision: This position is supervised by the Executive Director.
To Apply:Please submit cover letter and resume to Cheryl Graves at Cheryl@lakeshoremuseum . org or via mail to Cheryl Graves,C/O Lakeshore Museum Center,430 W.Clay Ave,Muskegon,Ml 49440.
Resumes due by April 20, 2018.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com