John Michael Kohler Arts Center
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center seeks a dynamic, creative, highly organized, and self-starting individual for the position of Arts/Industry Program Director. Under the direction of the Senior Curator, the Arts/Industry Program Director is responsible for the development and administration of Arts/Industry, including:
· Coordinate the annual residency application and review process
· Manage the residency program for professional artists in the Kohler Company Pottery and Foundry including: overseeing residency schedule; maintaining resident housing; facilitating residency orientations; and ensuring policies, procedures and training manuals are up to date
· Supervise Arts/Industry studio technicians, interns, fellows and contract workers
· Serve as a liaison between Arts Center staff, industrial and factory personnel, Kohler Co. Arts/Industry staff liaisons, and Kohler Co.’s administrative staff to ensure mutually shared vision between the Arts Center and Kohler Co.
· Conceptualize and implement exhibitions that feature Arts/Industry artists-in-residence and alumni, as well as works from the Arts Center’s A/I collection
· Collaborate with the Arts Center’s marketing department to implement program marketing strategies
· Oversee program documentation (artists, workspaces, and works-in-progress) and maintain all program files and records
· Participate in the selection and acquisition of work for Kohler Co. and the Arts Center’s permanent collections
· Administer the program budget
· Supervise all commission projects involving use of the Kohler Co. factory with the Arts Center and other organizations
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree and four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
· Creative problem-solving with excellent organization, time-management, planning and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple activities to meet deadlines.
· The ability and willingness to be flexible and supportive in a changing work environment is key.
· The position requires someone who has an appreciation for the creative process and the ability to work directly with artists.
· Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
· The ability to forge and maintain effective, inclusive working relationships with a wide range of skill levels, personalities and backgrounds is a priority.
· Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (email/scheduling) and similar programs required.
· Selected candidates will be asked to provide a sample of their arts-based writing for consideration.
SALARY: $50,000-$60,000 annually
Full-time exempt and non-exempt employees qualify for the following benefits:
· Medical, dental and vision coverage
· 403(b) retirement plan
· Short- and long-term disability income
· Group accident and critical illness insurance
· Paid time off—vacation/sick and holiday
· Employee Assistance Program
· Family membership to the Arts Center
· Discount for CAFE, SHOP and ARTspace purchases, ticketed events, classes, pre-school and other charged offerings
The John Michael Kohler Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all EOE and ADA requirements. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and we have a strong organizational commitment to racial equity. People of color, gender non-conforming people, people with disabilities, and low-income people are encouraged to apply. Please let us know if we can help make the application or hiring process more accessible for you.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.myapps.paychex.com.