Website Howard+Revis Design Services
Museum and interpretive experience design firm
Description: The Jim Crow Museum, located on the Big Rapids, Michigan, campus of Ferris State University, has hired Howard+Revis Design Services (H+R) to design exhibits for its new museum. H+R seeks an intern to assist the design team and museum staff in documenting and processing artifact information, which will be used in the design process.
- Onsite artifact documentation, taking photos, recording dimensions, and noting display information for objects in the museum
- Organizing and entering information into the design project’s artifact database
- Managing photo files and transferring data to the design team. Photo processing of artifact images for use in layouts.
- Coordinating with design team on work tasks and priorities
- Communicating with both museum staff and design team to resolve questions and provide status updates
The ideal candidate:
- Has an interest in museum studies, history, or collections of historical objects
- Is highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail and good communication skills
- Can develop efficient work processes and manage his/her/their time effectively
- Can work independently
- Proximity or the ability to be onsite at the Jim Crow Museum
- Ability to handle fragile, rare, heavy, or over-sized artifacts with care
- Personal computer with stable internet access. H+R will provide software and necessary training.
Timeline: 9/6/2021 to 9/6/2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org