Website Figge Art Museum
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Work Schedule: M-F, some evenings and weekends
The Figge Art Museum is seeking an exceptional and creative individual for the role of Graphic Designer and Digital Media Specialist in a growing Marketing Department at the museum. An integral part of a dynamic and dedicated professional team, the Graphic Designer and Digital Media Specialist provides artistic creation, graphic design, and website support for multiple departments at the museum in a variety of media, assists the Marketing Manager with general website maintenance and updates, and creates social media and digital marketing content. This is a deadline driven position that requires an active, energetic mind, flexibility, compromise, attention to detail, and the understanding of the importance of a consistent visual presence and following prescribed guidelines for representing artworks. A willingness to work with and communicate effectively with others both within the museum and with outside vendors is essential.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Graphic Designer and Digital Media Specialist collaborates with multiple departments to coordinate, develop, design, and publish various visual materials, including digital and print promotions, web and social media content, and internal and external presentation materials.
Responsibilities include design for the following:
• Print materials for all departments at the museum including brochures, newsletters, annual reports,
advertisements, posters, postcards, banners, event logos, fliers, invitations, and wayfinding signage
• Digital media including eblasts, graphics, interactive documents, and website content
• Exhibition materials including the exhibition logo/brand, gallery materials, banners, gallery guides, and publications
This position works with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute a digital communications strategy, encompassing digital marketing, email and e-newsletter campaigns, social media across multiple platforms, and website content. The Graphic Designer and Digital Media Specialist assists with website maintenance and updates and is responsible for the museum’s social media outreach and digital marketing. He/she/they also participates as needed in museum events and performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing.
Salary: between $42,000-$46,000
· Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design, Marketing, Visual Arts, or related field a plus.
· Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience with print and digital graphic design and project management within a marketing or communications environment.
· High level of proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator; Microsoft Office
Suite; and a CMS platform and HTML. Familiarity with Apple iWork Numbers, Pages, Keynote a plus.
· General knowledge of the principles, history, and methods of artistic and graphic design and illustration, including the ability to design, layout and prepare finished artwork to develop a visual product in a range of styles and media.
Thorough knowledge of print set-up for offset, digital, and display to ensure accurate file preparation and for reviewing proofs.
Ability to simultaneously design, develop, maintain, organize, and move multiple projects from concept to completion, implementing feedback from multiple sources and prioritizing to meet tight deadlines
Familiarity with trends and experience in social media and digital marketing and demonstrated aptitude for managing, maintaining, and updating website, email, and social media platforms.
· Basic knowledge of/experience in video production and editing and photography.
· Ability to work independently and collaborate and communicate effectively with others both verbally
and in writing.
· Ability to work effectively with outside vendors to manage product specifications, production schedules,
quality control, and deadlines.
· Attention to detail and high level of initiative, creativity, and exceptional problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends at museum functions as needed.
· Favorable background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required.
The Figge Art Museum brings art and people together and enriches our community with the experience of art through education, collections, exhibitions, and preservation. Located on the Mississippi River in Downtown Davenport, the Figge is the premier art exhibition and education facility between Chicago and Des Moines. Its 110,000 square foot landmark glass building, designed by British architect David Chipperfield, is home to one of the Midwest’s finest art collections and combines collection and exhibition galleries, education studios, an auditorium, a café, and a bustling lobby. The Figge has a professional staff of 30 and presents over 20 rotating exhibitions of historical and contemporary art each year as well as art classes, educational programs, special events, and outreach sessions that inspire and attract regional, national, and international audiences of all ages.
The Figge offers a competitive package of salary, benefits, and paid holidays and vacation, and the opportunity to work with a dynamic team at one of the leading cultural institutions in the Quad Cities.
The Figge is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all to apply. We aim to attract and retain talented people from all backgrounds. We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable, accessible, and safe environment and value varied ideas, perspectives, insights, skills, and experiences within our workplace.
Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and a digital portfolio or link to an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Graphic Designer” in the subject line. We encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible. A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. All applications will be kept confidential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com