Website Ella Sharp Museum
Art and History Museum
Reports To: Director of Facilities
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Location: 3225 Fourth St. Jackson, MI
Salary range: $31,000-36,000 annually
The Facilities Maintenance Technician reports to the Director of Facilities. The Facilities Maintenance Technician will work with the Director of Facilities to maintain the Ella Sharp Museum buildings both interior and exterior, and grounds maintenance, custodial services, parking lot, safety, and environmental health. The museum operates 7 days/week. The Facility Maintenance Technician may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet program needs.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, and may include other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift 50-75lbs
- Ability to work in a public setting
- Ability to work alone, or in a group
- Ability to use ladders, single man lift, and occasionally be at heights of 20-30 feet
- Ability to drive gas powered golf cart
- Ability to perform landscaping tasks (including using a lawnmower, snowblower, edger, weed whip, hedge trimmer, etc.
- Ability to perform janitorial/housekeeping tasks as needed
- Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
- Knowledge of basic electrical
- Moderate understanding of carpentry and drywall work
- Can work nights/weekends as needed
- Knowledge of HVAC systems/plumbing a plus
- High school diploma or GED
- Solid working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems
- General building maintenance knowledge and hands-on skills
- Knowledge of standard principles of facilities safety, environmental health, security, fire protection, and emergency management
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
Must pass background check
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend, and reach above and below shoulder level, and lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 lbs. The position involves frequent repetitive motion and the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of assigned work. The noise level in the work environment is variable and unpredictable, ranging from quiet to loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All job applicants receive equal consideration for employment.
About the Ella Sharp Museum
The Ella Sharp Museum, founded in 1965, offers programs, exhibits and experiences preserving community history, advancing art appreciation, and understanding, and connecting children with science. Our 6-acre campus includes the Hadwin Center with exhibit galleries, program spaces, offices, and a museum store; the Merriman Sharp farmhouse, a one-room schoolhouse, a log cabin, two 19th century barns and other historic structures; and the Hurst Planetarium. Our mission focuses on providing opportunities to connect our community with history, the arts, and science. We received American Alliance of Museums accreditation in 1978 and have been reaccredited twice. One of the first small museums in the country to receive such distinction, the Ella Sharp Museum is one of only 37 accredited institutions in the state of Michigan.
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: Facilities Director, Ella Sharp Museum, FacilitiesDirector@ellasharp.org 3225 Fourth St. Jackson, MI 49203. Resumes will be reviewed upon receipt. Position open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to FacilitiesDirector@ellasharp.org