Ella Sharp Museum Association of Jackson
The Facilities Manager reports to the Director of Operations. The Facilities Manager will work with the Director of Operations to maintain the Ella Sharp Museum buildings both interior and exterior, and grounds maintenance, custodial services, parking lot, safety, and environmental health. The museum operates 7 days/week. The Facility Manager may be required to work evenings and weekends to meet program needs.
Salary range: $35,000-40,000 annually F/T exempt
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee, and may include other duties as assigned.
· Ability to lift 50-75lbs
· Ability to work in a public setting
· Ability to work alone, or in a group
· Ability to use ladders, single man lift, and occasionally be at heights of 20-30 feet
· Ability to drive gas powered golf cart
· Ability to perform landscaping tasks (including using a lawnmower, snowblower, edger, weed whip, hedge trimmer, etc.
· Ability to perform janitorial/housekeeping tasks as needed
· Knowledge of basic hand and power tools
· Knowledge of basic electrical
· Moderate understanding of carpentry and drywall work
· Can work nights/weekends as needed
· Knowledge of HVAC systems/plumbing
· High school diploma or GED
· Solid working knowledge of commercial HVAC systems
· General building maintenance knowledge and hands-on skills
· Knowledge of standard principles of facilities safety, environmental health, security, fire protection, and emergency management
· Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening) and the ability to effectively communicate with the staff and the public.
This position requires the ability to do one or more of the following throughout the day: stand, walk, sit, bend, and reach above and below shoulder level, and lift, carry, push, pull up to 50 lbs. The position involves frequent repetitive motion and the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of assigned work. The noise level in the work environment is variable and unpredictable, ranging from quiet to loud. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All job applicants receive equal consideration for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to FacilitiesDirector@ellasharp.org