Website Discovery World
Membership and Reservations Specialist
Reports to: Membership Manager and Reservations Manager
Status: Full-Time Position
Schedule: Wednesday-Sunday; occasional evening hours required
Pay Rate: $14 per hour
The Membership and Reservations Specialist is responsible for selling and booking any Discovery World memberships, membership related events, and reservations for groups and programs. They will act as the front-line representative for providing knowledgeable answers to patron’s inquiries on Discovery World memberships, member related events, group sales, and program sales. This position is responsible for the execution of the day-to-day operational functions of the Membership Department and Reservations Department. This position will require an individual with strong customer service and communication skills, attention-to-detail, multitasking abilities, good judgment, and energy to meet the organization’s needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual in this position must be able to perform each essential duty listed satisfactorily and be flexible to performing other duties as assigned.
- Promote and sell Discovery World memberships, member related events, group and school reservations, and public programs.
- Be well versed in all details, policies, and procedures related to memberships, member related events, group and program reservations, discounts, general museum information, and Association of Science and Technology (ASTC) Travel Passport Program.
- Field all phone calls and emails regarding memberships, member related events, group and school visits, program details, and general museum inquiries.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, answering questions and completing any tasks promptly, accurately, respectfully, and thoroughly.
- Assist Discovery World members and guests at membership desk including, but not limited to, member and guest check-in, printing membership cards, and mailings.
- Responsible for the reservation, sale, and scheduling of all Discovery World visits and programs including, but not limited to Onsite Field Trips and associated Onsite Programming Add-On Options, Group Visits, Virtual Programs, Summer Camps, Public Programs, Private Programs, and Satellite Programs.
- Develop strong proficiency with Altru Ticketing Software to assist patrons quickly and efficiently and to maintain and keep clean and concise records of all orders and reservations.
- Monitor online sales for accuracy.
- Create, compile, and send invoices, confirmations, and/or receipts as needed.
- Provide troubleshooting for any customer or order complications effectively and with diplomacy.
- Contribute to a positive, supportive team environment where all staff members can be successful.
- Follow all policies and procedures outlined by the Membership and Reservations Managers.
- Maintain cleanliness and accuracy of all shared spreadsheets and documents.
- Accurately count and balance any received checks, cash, credit card payments, and gift certificates at the close of shift.
- Work with other departments to ensure quality experiences for museum guests.
- Provide support to Admissions and Guest Service staff as needed.
- Perform other reasonably related projects and other duties as assigned.
Listed below are required key points regarding the environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination and finger dexterity in conjunction with computer and machine usage for majority of the workday.
- Required to speak to customers via telephone, email, and/or in-person.
- May be required to lift objects up to 30 pounds occasionally.
- May be exposed to physical occupational risks (cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely.
- May be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, and noise in rare circumstances.
- The normal setting for this position is at the front desk and in an office setting.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education and Experience
- One (1) year of successful customer service experience
- Experience in sales, box office management, and/or ticketing preferred
- Some college coursework; college degree preferred
- Experience with the Altru Ticketing Software, or similar museum ticketing software, preferred
- 40 hours per week, Wednesday-Sunday
- Weekend availability is required
- Must be flexible to seasonal changes in schedule and/or to cover staffing time-off requests
- Occasional evening hours required for after-hours member events or programs
Other Knowledge, Skills, or Abilities Required
- Must be able to meet deadlines, multi-task, work under tight schedules and competing priorities.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Mail Merge.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, and in a team setting.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Comfortable with repetitive tasks.
- Ability to demonstrate effective work habits including strong organizational skills and the ability to time manage independently.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.