Website Denver Art Museum
The Denver Art Museum values its people resources: volunteers, staff, and interns. The Human Resources Department at the DAM aims to create a culture of inclusivity and support our people with resources so that the museum can reach its mission and create the most impact possible. The Human Resources Specialist will support us in this important work by administrating and coordinating our programs and databases. We are seeking a well-organized and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about learning all aspects of a human resources department: volunteer engagement; recruitment; compensation/benefits; employee experience; equity, diversity and inclusion; compliance; and reporting.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Volunteer Services.
This work includes but is not limited to:
· Managing processes and tasks associated with meetings and ongoing projects
· Providing administrative support to Human Resources department (coordinates schedules, meetings, correspondence, credit card reconciliation, invoicing, etc.)
· Maintaining technology systems for departmental operations including volunteer schedules and updating information
· Supporting internal and external community building with excellent interpersonal skills
· Assisting with recruitment efforts staff, volunteers, and interns
· Supporting the on-boarding experience for volunteers, staff, and interns
· Managing and updating policies, procedures, documents, and handbooks
· Providing departmental meeting support; taking minutes, sending out agendas, reserving rooms, ordering catering, posting meeting recordings in LMS
· Supporting staff, volunteers and interns in learning how to utilize Human Resources-related technology
· Preparing internal communications including emails and newsletters
· Managing recognition programs including annual volunteer appreciation lunch, years of service and merit awards, Staff Anniversary Program and Way to Joe/Go program
· Preparing reports
· Assisting staff, volunteers, and interns in accessing Human Resources related policies and processes
· Providing assistance to benefit programs which include the WE (Wellness and Engagement,
· Consistent usage of the Racial Equity Lens in day-to-day operations
· Yearly goal setting to support Racial Equity Roadmap initiatives
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, Skills, etc.):
· Written and oral communication skills
· Problem solving and project management skills
· Organizational skills in planning
· Attention to detail
· Ability to prioritize and organize multiple activities
· Ability to take the initiative on new projects independently with minimal oversight
· Ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams and Zoom
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Minimum 2 years’ experience in an administration roles or relevant experience
Pay: The hiring salary for the position is $20.86 to 23.39 per hour based on experience.
Benefits: A comprehensive medical/dental/vision plan, that can be extended to domestic partner, spouse, and children. DAM 100% paid Life Insurance, and Short/Long Term Disability. Generous sick and vacation paid time off and one personal day. Ten paid holidays. 403(b) Retirement Plan with immediate eligibility to contribute and those who meet the requirements will qualify for the 3% non-elective contribution and 2% match program. A free RTD Eco Pass. A free DAM Family Membership. Free Telehealth and Employee Assistance Program. Access to Headspace. Two weeks Paid Parental Leave.
NOTE: The DAM prioritizes adaptability and a human-centered work environment. We are happy to consider accommodations to the position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. We know there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate – Nor do we look for the right “fit” with us, we look for the add! We believe in cultivating an environment where there is diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We know that searching for a job can be stressful so we would like to give you an overview of the process to manage expectations. This role may require a phone screen, interviews with hiring manager and or panel that will be held in-person at the DAM or video.
DENVER ART MUSEUM:
As an institution, we believe the Denver Art Museum is both a platform for and an amplifier of the voices of people of all races. We acknowledge that Black lives matter and communities of color – Latinx, Indigenous, Black, and others – have been underrepresented in art museums over decades, both internally and externally. We are committed to elevating all voices, artworks and perspectives and strive to support racial equity inside and out.
We prohibit discrimination against any person or organization based on age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, political service or affiliation, genetic information, or disability, as well as any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We strive to provide a professional and positive work environment for our employees. The Museum expressly prohibits any form of employee harassment on the basis of age, race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, political service or affiliation, genetic information, disability or any other applicable status protected by federal, state or local law. Actions based on these or any legally protected characteristic will not be tolerated.
We encourage the freedom of gender expression and/or gender presentation. As an institution, we do not create barriers that may prevent any employee from expressing behaviors, mannerisms, interests, and appearances that represent their authentic personality or culture. Qualified candidates are expected to exemplify the DAM’s internal values, which include being dynamic, respectful, inclusive, creative, and curious. The ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships with visitors, employees, volunteers, representatives of public and private entities, policy making bodies, and contractors is critical to the success of this position.
The Museum believes vaccination is an important measure to protect the health and safety of everyone from significant illness due to COVID-19 infection. As a condition of employment, employees must present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on their first day of employment or receive an exemption or other reasonable accommodation due to circumstances protected under federal or state law that prevent the employee from being vaccinated. Employees are also mandated to receive a booster within 6 months of being fully vaccinated.
To apply for this job please visit www.denverartmuseum.org.