Website City of Elmhurst
Under general supervision of the Museum Director, the Curator of Exhibits designs, constructs and prepares exhibits for display at the Elmhurst History Museum, as well as satellite locations, in collaboration with museum staff, community partners and volunteers. The Curator of Exhibits has overall responsibility for the development and management of all aspects of the museum’s exhibit program, including development and integration of interactive technology and hands on components for museum displays. Other duties may include but are not limited to the following:
· Prepares annual budget, grant applications, and reports for exhibits.
· Monitors expenditures and purchases supplies and materials for exhibits.
· Participates as a senior team member in problem solving for the purpose of addressing institutional issues.
· Plays a leadership role in planning, research, storyline, content, design, fabrication, installation, integration of technology and interactive components, and maintenance of community-based exhibits at satellite locations, as well as virtual exhibits.
· Conducts extensive research to prepare historically accurate exhibits and balances research content with exhibit aesthetics.
· Works collaboratively with the museum’s exhibits development team to present exhibits with broad regional appeal for local community and audiences from the greater Chicagoland area.
· Develops, coordinates, assembles and maintains the museum’s exhibits program, in collaboration with museum staff and appropriate community partners and volunteers.
Determines items needed to create exhibits; researches vendors and other methods of material acquisition; prepares purchase requisitions and follows-up to ensure the proper delivery of required materials.
Arranges traveling exhibits and displays; works with Curator of Collections to obtain and return loaned materials and artifacts related to exhibits.
Bachelor’s Degree in History, Museum Studies, Design or closely related field; AND a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in building exhibitions, graphic displays or developing other visual presentations in a museum, with five or more years of experience in a museum setting preferred; Master’s Degree in Museum Studies or related field, preferred. Preferred experience in grant proposal writing.
To view the job description, click here. The salary range for this position is $65,873 to $98,797.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter at Elmhurst.org/jobs. This position will remain open until filled.
To apply for this job please visit recruitingbypaycor.com.