Website Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
JOB TITLE: Volunteer Coordinator
JOB CATEGORY: Part-time, non-exempt
HOURS: Expected minimum work week of 20-25 hours, generally Monday through Friday plus some evening and weekend hours as necessary.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates, schedules, and supervises Volunteer Association members and activities to allow the optimum usage of their time and expertise for the betterment of the museum as well as themselves. Actively recruits volunteers with the talents, time and expertise needed by the museum. Supports museum functions.
Facilitates visitor access and promotes hospitality and positive visitor experiences through admission, reception, phone and information areas of the museum. Coordinates visitor service duties and other museum functions by supervising, coordinating, and directing volunteer support.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage the volunteer effort
• Compiles ongoing listing of volunteer jobs working with staff needs.
• Keeps a skills record system of volunteers with specific talents and/or interests.
• Maintains volunteer personnel information including addresses, telephone numbers and emergency contacts.
• Sends notification of all meetings and functions involving volunteers.
• Serves as staff liaison to Volunteer Association.
• Coordinates volunteer functions with availability of museum.
• Tracks all volunteer hours per department and function per month and issues annual report to management.
• Recognizes volunteer efforts. (see detail information)
• Cultivates Volunteer Association growth. (see detail information)
Supports operation of the admission and information areas
• Provides initial training along with Visitor Experience Manager for volunteers to work admission and information areas.
• Schedules self and trains and schedules volunteers, proficient in the computerized admissions to cover all Monday through Friday hours. The Visitor Experience Manager will schedule paid weekend and event admission staff.
Support museum functions
• Coordinates volunteer efforts with museum staff. (see detail information)
• Coordinates volunteer effort and takes responsibility for all bulk mailings.
• Coordinates volunteer effort and takes responsibility for phone coverage Monday through Friday.
• Performs many miscellaneous duties and obligations as assigned.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, training volunteers, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining volunteers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ability to apply principles and techniques of supervision
• Applies effective principles of supervision to direct and motivate volunteers as well as self.
• Deals effectively with staff, volunteers, the Museum community, and other external constituencies in a complex fundraising environment
• Ability to apply principles and techniques of exceptional businesses practices
• Supervisory and communication skills
• Skill in operating a computer, Microsoft Office Suite with Access database, calculator, and multi-button phone.
• Able to handle varied tasks simultaneously and be results-oriented.
• Knowledge of specific rules and policies as associated with the Museum
Volunteer Coordinator Detail Recognizing Volunteer Efforts:
• Coordinate annual recognition dinner and ceremony.
• Provide shirts, blazers, name tags, etc. Develop program to maintain same.
• Develop and implement volunteer benefits.
Cultivating Volunteer Association Growth:
• Actively recruit volunteers through outreach. Visit service clubs, newly retired, new people in community. Work in conjunction with museum marketing functions to publicize volunteer opportunities and positions currently available.
• Plan, attend and support monthly Volunteer Association meetings.
• Attend Volunteer Association board meetings.
• Keep abreast of techniques and responsibilities relevant to the field of volunteer
administration by participating in certain organizations, associations, and networks.
Coordinating Volunteer Functions with Museum Staff:
• Secure new volunteers for positions associated with needs of museum and museum staff.
• Keep abreast of volunteers and volunteer work functions handled directly by and for specific staff and departments.
• Coordinate and secure volunteer work areas and supplies.
Salary: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
• Flexible schedule
• Paid time off Schedule:
• Monday to Friday
• Self-determined schedule
Work Location: 1600 South Wayne Street, Auburn, IN 46706
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.