Minnesota Historical Society
JOB TITLE: #1370 Facilities Coordinator
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center 345 Kellogg Blvd. W St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $17.78 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (2088 annual hours) position. BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution.
CLASSIFICATION: 64L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Facilities Manager, History Center
POSTING DATE: September 30, 2020
DEADLINE DATE: October 15, 2020
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: The Minnesota Historical Society (MNHS) seeks applicants to directly support facilities management and operations of the building and grounds on the State of Minnesota Capitol Complex in downtown St. Paul. The position is responsible for coordinating facilities related building and grounds work in partnership with the State of Minnesota Facilities Management Division (FMD), managing the facilities work request system, providing support to mailroom and loading dock operations, and a variety of other essential facilities functions.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) coordinate facilities repair and maintenance work in partnership with the State of Minnesota Facilities Management Division (FMD); 2) manage “Facilities Footprints” work request system; 3) support mailroom and loading dock operations; 4) other essential facilities functions.
- Two years of experience working in facilities management or related industry.
- Experience working in a facilities work request system, computer-aided facilities management (CAFM), integrated workplace management system (IWMS), or other work request system.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS IN:
- Proven exemplary customer service skills.
- Creating effective work products in GSuite applications (GMail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Sites).
- Preparing a variety of business documents and reports.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines while maintaining a calm and thoughtful demeanor.
- Effective and inclusive communications with a diverse group of users including museum visitors, vendors and contractors, and staff and volunteers.
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) for museums, libraries, or other cultural heritage facilities.
- Building plans, blueprints, and/or construction documents.
- Applicable Federal, State, and local laws, rules, regulations, codes, and/or statutes.
- Successful completion of a two year post-secondary program or higher.
- At least two years experience working in a large and complex campus setting and/or in a museum, library, or educational environment.
- Certificate program or industry credentialed certification in Facilities Management.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com or call MNHS Job Line at 651-259-3181.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.