Each year, the Association of Midwest Museums honors organizations, companies and individuals throughout the Midwest region for leadership, career achievements, and best practices with the following awards:
- Distinguished Career Award for individuals who have worked or volunteered in the museum industry for more than 10 years and made significant contributions to the field during their careers.
- Promising Leadership Award for individuals who have worked or volunteered for a museum or museum association for 10 years or less and provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership skills on projects and among teams, or showed outstanding commitment to the field.
- Best Practices Award for museums or cultural institutions that have demonstrated leadership in the field through distinguished museum practices and/or innovative programming.
- Corporate Achievement Award for individuals or service providers who have helped to advance the field of museums and attractions through innovation in products and services, formation of unique collaborations, and/or development of best practices.
- NEW! Silver Lining Award for museums or cultural institutions whose responsiveness and resourcefulness during the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in creative change for their organizations and a positive impact on their visitors, staff, communities or overall sustainability. Institutions can be recognized for a variety of forms of creativity, from new revenue models and community practices to virtual programming and recovery efforts.
Nominate a Colleague
NOTE: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and museum closures, award nominations are now due by the close of business (5:00pm EST) on Monday, August 31, 2020. Recipients will now be recognized during a series of virtual community celebrations on Fridays during October and November.
Save the Date – AMM Awards Program Community Celebrations!
- Friday, October 23 at 1pm CDT (2pm EDT)
- Friday, October 30 at 1pm CDT (2pm EDT)
- Friday, November 6 at 1pm CDT (2pm EDT)
- Friday, November 13 at 1pm CDT (2pm EDT)
- Friday, November 20 at 1pm CDT (2pm EDT)