Website Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
This position serves as a key member of the museum team and has responsibility for the marketing activities of the museum. He or she works with the Executive Director & CEO and collaboratively with other departments on business planning, increasing earned revenue related to admissions/ticket sales, educational programs, special events, fundraisers, outreach efforts, retail operations, memberships, and facility use. The position is also responsible for leading advertising efforts and overseeing external communications.
The Director of Marketing & Communications keeps the museum in the public eye on a constant basis through partnerships, promotion, effective marketing, and consistent communication. This position works collaboratively with all departments to manage, develop, and produce content for various outlets.
This position requires a unique individual who works collaboratively with others as part of a team and family-centric culture of servant leaders. He or she respects outsiders and actively demonstrates that respect and value with the understanding that the museum is a public trust, and serves as a hands-on team member with a “can-do” attitude.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees development and implementation of a marketing plan including developing and training staff to implement a positive marketing culture throughout the entire museum.
- Develops long-range marketing strategies to maximize exposure and build audiences for the museum, its exhibitions, programs, collections, and special events.
- Serves on various teams to support the museum’s fundraising events and programs.
- Functions as an integral part of the workforce at each museum activity. Instigates feedback through various means and promotes the museum and its activities at each event.
- Develops and recommends annual marketing budget, including forecasting and planning.
- Ensures that all print, advertising, and digital communications are attractive, effective, and ready for publication.
- Manage social media, search trends, brand awareness, and targeted advertising efforts.
- Builds evolving and innovative plans to meet attendance, revenue, and awareness goals through programs, events, and initiatives. Helps develop, document, and implement marketing strategies to support departments museum-wide. Executes innovative cross-promotional initiatives.
- Works collaboratively with Development and Membership on fundraising, retention, and acquisition communication campaigns.
- Prioritizes sponsorship relationships and provides opportunities of partnership through marketing channels.
- Plays a partnership role in the annual planning process, annual activity calendar, and related budgets and their impact working closely with Executive Director & CEO and other staff.
- Generates topics, gathers staff input, writes press releases, and has approved releases distributed to the news media to keep the museum top-of-mind.
- Formulates goals and programs to maintain and strengthen favorable public attitudes towards the museum and its programs and reputation.
- Photographs museum events and exhibits. Keeps photos for events and exhibits organized on network for use by all staff.
- Produces and maintains signage for all aspects of museum marketing, fundraising, and related activities.
- Manages the production of museum publications with designer including the member newsletter The Accelerator twice a year and the Annual Report. Assists with coordination of other departments’ publications both in and out of house, including design, production, and distribution as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous duties and obligations as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Graphic design skills and experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate to a variety of audiences including written and verbal communication, press releases, interviews, social media, photography, and other areas as appropriate for the job.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to communicate ideas effectively, to prioritize work and meet deadlines, to work independently and in a team, and to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to apply the following:
- Strong people skills, ability to build strong business relationships, maintain a calm demeanor, and motivate employees and volunteers as well as self.
- Team demeanor and attitude, working with other museum staff to support the museum as a whole and as a dynamic public institution.
- Ability to problem-solve and suggest solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively on projects spanning multiple departments. Ability to scope, organize, and execute multiple projects with interrelated goals, and be able to create and disseminate content, translating complex concepts into easy to understand content.
- Ability to apply marketing specific skill:
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication, editing and proofreading skills.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of the digital landscape, including current industry and user trends, emerging technologies and standards.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office systems including Publisher, Adobe Creative Cloud, and ability to learn museum’s specialty software systems.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $42,500/per year
- Eligible for Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance Policy
- Nine Paid Holidays
- Vacation, Sick, and Personal Leave
To apply for the position of Director of Marketing & Communications with the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Brandon J. Anderson
Executive Director & CEO
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org