We invite you to join us in Cincinnati, the Queen City, for the Big Change Summit taking place at Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal on April 11-12, 2019.
About the Summit:
Learn how Cincinnati Museum Center moved out, moved back in, overhauled two museums at once and saved a National Historic Landmark in the process.
Curious about what goes into the restoration of a 500,000-square-foot National Historic Landmark? How about one that was once a train station and now houses three museums and an OMNIMAX Theater with laser digital? Come find out in this immersive pop-up conference in the heart of the Midwest.
Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal
1301 Western Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45203
Registration Fee: $150 AMM Members | $175 Non-Members
Registration includes sessions, lunch on Thursday and Friday and cocktail reception on Thursday evening.
Post-Summit Tour Options: Optional post-Summit tours will are available from 3 to 5 p.m. on Friday, April 12th. Pre-registration required at $10 per person. Attendees may choose from the following tour options during registration:
- Tour Option A: Holocaust & Humanity Center
- Tour Option B: National Underground Railroad Freedom Center
- Tour Option C: Union Terminal Rotunda
Optional Pre-Summit Gallery Exploration: Attendees may explore Union Terminal and CMC’s new exhibits 10 a.m. to Noon on Thursday, April 11th. The official program begins at noon.
Big Change Summit sessions and networking activities will take place from noon on Thursday, April 11 to 3 p.m. on Friday, April 12th.
Attendees also have the option to explore Union Terminal and CMC’s new exhibits from 10 a.m. to Noon on Thursday, April 11th, and participate in one of three optional post-Summit tours from 3-5 p.m. on Friday, April 12th.
Session topics will include:
- Passing a levy to fund your work: Building the case, getting on the ballot and creating a campaign for success
- Funding, planning and managing a building restoration: Analyzing the architecture, putting together funding and utilizing historic tax credits
- Managing a full and partial closure: Staffing, programming strategies, member and public relations
- Digital tech for physical good: using technology to preserve and share historic details with the public
- Staying relevant as a museum without walls: curating a community and creating more curiosity
- Updating what visitors “love to love”: building new science, natural history and history exhibits while honoring fan favorites
- Nailed it: What failed, and how we’d do it the next time around
The Big Change Summit will feature guest speakers from:
- Cincinnati Museum Center
- Turner Construction
- GBBN Architects
- Facility Management & Planning Services
- John G. Waite Associates
- Community partners
- Exhibit design partners
Dine-around at local restaurants Thursday night, or join the Cincinnati Museum Center for CMC’s CurioCity 21+ event highlighting the newly reimagined Cave exhibit. On Saturday, participants are invited to stay (or present as Makers) at the Mini Maker Faire in Union Terminal.
Hotel: We have held a block of rooms at the Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza hotel in downtown Cincinnati for Big Change Summit attendees. We encourage out-of-town visitors to reserve their room by March 20, 2019 to access special event rates starting at $135 per night. Space is limited. Click here to reserve your room online or reserve by phone at
1-800-HILTONS with our group code: AMM. Contact us with any questions.
Reservations can be cancelled without penalty up to 48 hours before scheduled arrival.
Hotel Valet Parking: Hotel valet parking is currently $33 overnight and until 3pm on check out day. Complimentary in and out privileges are included with the exception of departure day where there is a $10 re-park charge each time the car is brought around. The clearance into hotel valet is 6’6”.
Nearby Self-Parking: Mabley Place Garage is located within the Carew Tower complex and attached to the hotel. This is a self parking garage with a 24/7 automated pay station. Guests of Hilton Netherland Plaza have the option of charging overnight self-parking at Mabley Place Garage with in/out privilege to their guestroom at a cost of $28 per night and departure by 3pm on check out day. Bring your ticket with you to the front desk when you check in.