Website Wisconsin Maritime Museum
Visitor Engagement Assistant, Full-Time
Classification: Full-time, some weekends required
Compensation: $12/hour with a comprehensive benefits package
Reports to: Visitor Engagement & Retail Coordinator
Applications Due: August 15, 2021
Estimated Start Date: Immediately
Visitor Engagement Assistants (VEAs) are the front-facing staff of the Wisconsin Maritime Museum and are responsible for providing a welcoming, accessible and engaging experience for all visitors. VEAs are cross-trained to be submarine tour guides, admissions, and gift store representatives.
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is seeking full-time, permanent Visitor Engagement Assistants to handle the day-to-day operations of the museum front desk, submarine tours, and gift shop sales.
This is an hourly position of up to 40 hours a week with a comprehensive benefits package. Weekend and evening availability required. The Museum will hire on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide above-and-beyond experiences for all visitors both in the museum and on the submarine
- Give engaging and informative submarine tours several times a day, when scheduled.
- Manage the museum’s retail operations, including admissions and gift store, when scheduled. This includes restocking, cash handling, updating displays, and brainstorming creative promotions.
- Communicate with visitors about upcoming events, the museum’s membership program, and current museum offerings
- Respond to telephone, voicemail, written, and e-mail inquiries for information regarding visits, tours, accessibility, etc.; inform visitors of policies.
- Update the museum’s online gift store with new products and product highlights
- Some experience working with the public in either an educational or retail capacity required
- Bilingual abilities preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with or willingness to learn the Square point-of-sale system
ABOUT THE MUSEUM
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum was founded more than 50 years ago as a small submariners’ memorial recognizing Wisconsin’s contributions to World War II. Since then, we’ve grown to be the state’s maritime museum with exhibits on shipwrecks, maritime industry, ship models, art, and more. The institution is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.
Our mission is to connect all people to Wisconsin’s waterways through engaging exhibits, inclusive programs, and world-class collections.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, ACCESSIBILITY & INCLUSION
The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, gender identity, age, class, sexuality, religion, ability or national origin. WMM is committed to advancing equity and diversity both in the organization and in the museum field.
We welcome applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, and others with experience in meaningful diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility engagement.
We are committed to providing an accessible application process. If you require any accommodations, email email@example.com or call (920) 374 4005. Resumes and cover letters should be sent to Abigail Diaz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com