Website Wisconsin Historical Museum
The Youth Experience Coordinator works to create a positive program experience for children visiting the Museum. The Youth Experience Coordinator is responsible for creating, testing, and implementing programs aimed at children, including school tours. This position works under the general direction of the Director of K12 Education and works closely with the Group Experience Coordinators and other Youth Experience Coordinators.
- Manage planning and implementation of youth-oriented programming.
- Serve as co-manager for summer camps.
- Plan and facilitate programs including Summer Camps, and newly developed programs.
- Work with other Museum staff to organize daily activities, including group visits.
- Engage in all aspects of group management in the museum, including facilitation of group entry and exit.
- Serve as onsite liaison for teachers and group tour organizers.
- Provide guided tours to guests, especially school tours.
- Provide feedback to Frontline Staff and volunteer tour guides.
- Work with the Museum Education team to improve guided tours.
- Ensure that guests are attended to professionally and promptly, and guest concerns and complaints are resolved to their satisfaction and the Museum’s.
- Serve as backup for Group Experience Coordinators.
- Develop new programs and activities for a diverse audience of children.
- Create plans for week-long summer camps, including themes, activities, and field trips.
- Organize all summer-camp activities.
- Field registration calls and maintain registration lists for youth programs.
- Work with Museum Education team to coordinate program scheduling.
- Assist with promotional efforts for programs.
- Attend pre- and post-event meetings.
Pay range is $14.00 – $16.00 per hour. This classification is in schedule and class 13-04.
Please note this is a Limited Term Employment position so it does not include paid time off or benefits upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit wj.wi.gov.