Website Wisconsin Historical Museum
The Group Experience Coordinator is responsible for managing the daily experience of groups visiting the Museum. This position is also responsible for implementing group programming, including walking tours. Working under general supervision, the Group Experience Coordinator reports to the Director of K12 Educatio
Group planning and coordination
- Plan and provide training for staff, volunteers, and interns working for the Museum.
- Serve as onsite liaison for teachers and group tour organizers.
- Keep other museum staff informed of group visits.
- Field requests from groups for tours. Reply in a prompt manner to all messages.
- Assist with processing group tour registrations.
- Coordinate historic walking tours for the general public.
- Conduct historic walking tours.
- Track reservations for the museum’s walking tour program.
- Schedule additional tour guides for walking tour program, if needed.
- Provide comprehensive guided tours to groups as well as the general public.
- Assign daily tasks to Frontline Staff and volunteer tour guides.
- Provide feedback to tour guides with the goal of improving museum tours.
- Daily setup and cleaning of museum spaces.
- Engage in all aspects of group management in the museum, including facilitation of group entry and exit.
- Work to address issues that may arise with tours, visitors, staff, or volunteers.
- Serve as backup for other programming staff.
Assist with development of innovative, content-rich, and entertaining programming
- Work with Museum Education team to create group programming, including school tours, walking tours, Summer Camps, and bus groups.
- Work with Museum Education Team to evaluate current group programming.
- Create proposal for improving the quality of group programming with the goal of increasing guest satisfaction scores.
- Assist in marketing Museum programs.
Pay range is $14.00 – $16.00 per hour. This classification is in schedule and class
Please note this is a Limited Term Employment position so it does not include paid time off or benefits upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit wj.wi.gov.