Website Walker Art Center
The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden
The Walker Art Center is seeking an Assistant Building Engineer to work closely with the Engineering Manager as a core member of the facility maintenance team.
About the Role:
The Assistant Building Engineer will assist in the care and maintenance of the facilities at the Walker Art Center and in the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden, and will assist with the operation, repair and installation of electrical and mechanical equipment. Perform general maintenance projects as assigned. This essential role is on call 24/7.
- Assist with operation, general maintenance, and repair of facility and building equipment including boilers, chillers, fans, HVAC, pumps, building automation systems, water treatment, plumbing and sewage system, basic electrical systems and components.
- Respond to needs from staff through a work order system for requests to replace light bulbs, basic painting (of non-exhibition spaces) and general building up-keep on a daily basis; order and obtain supplies
- Proactively looks for and takes care of repairs throughout the facility while remaining aware of items that require additional attention (cleaning, maintenance, painting, etc.)
- Comply with all WAC company policies and procedures
- Proactively coordinate preventive maintenance and repairs of Walker vehicles
- Duties as assigned
- Full-time (35 hours), Non-exempt; $60k-70k depending on level of experience. Flexibility to work evenings, weekends required.
- Excellent benefits package, Walker membership and museum discount, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma with additional technical or college level work preferred
- State of MN “Class C” boiler operator’s license
- A current, valid Minnesota driver’s license with a MN DOT medical endorsement (cube van qualified). Driving knowledge of the Twin Cities metro area preferred
Knowledge of the methods and practices of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and basic painting tasks
- Working knowledge of HVAC systems
- Minimum of 5 years of journeyman engineer experience
- Ability to operate a wide variety of hand and power tools, grounds and building maintenance equipment
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. routinely and unassisted
- Ability to work at heights required by the use of hydraulic lifts and extension ladders
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to perform professional under pressure and respond willingly to last-minute requests
- Ability to work independently to prioritize duties while also being team oriented
- Ability to work with work order systems, PC computers and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good customer service skills/client relations
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the communities and audiences we serve. We are dedicated to fair and inclusive employment practices for all individuals.
To apply for this job please visit walkerart.hiringthing.com.