Website Walker Art Center
The Walker Art Center is more than a museum.
- We commission and present pioneering contemporary art;
- We foster collaboration among visual, performing, and media artists;
- We engage diverse audiences in the excitement of the creative process;
- We serve communities by inspiring and encouraging social and civic dialogue and participation; and
- We are home to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.
The Walker Art Center is seeking a part-time Sales Associate to greet visitors, share our story, and help ensure extraordinary experiences and repeat visits. The Walker places the highest priority on establishing a warm and welcoming environment to all visitors.
- Excellent customer service: greet, recommend merchandise, assess needs, listen to/respond, and close sales. Actively engage with all customers – provide information and direction to visitors/shoppers, as needed.
- Sell Walker publications, artist designed jewelry, contemporary gift items, and memberships.
- Provide positive, enthusiastic and welcoming environment.
- Restock tables and shelves as necessary/when merchandise sells.
- Straighten tables and shelves/keep displays and merchandise up to high showroom standards.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION:
Part-time (5-15 hours per week). Depending on COVID-19 closing restrictions, these hours may change; flexibility to work evenings and weekend is required; $15.00/per hour; non-exempt; with Walker membership, museum discounts, and the opportunity to work alongside talented individuals and support remarkable artists, events and programming.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Retail sales experience required.
- Excellent customer service skills and cash register/cash handling experience is essential.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (6+ hour shifts) and lift/push/pull up to 25lbs.
The Walker is committed to being an inclusive workplace. We are dedicated to the letter and spirit of the laws that define equal employment opportunity and have pledged to affirmative action. Therefore, Walker Art Center will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or citizenship status, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or military status.
To apply for this job please visit walkerart.hiringthing.com.