Cincinnati Museum Center
Volunteer Liaison Coordinator, MUSEUM EXPERIENCE
Reports to: Manager, Gallery Activities Department: Learning
FLSA Status: FT, $15.25 Hourly, Regular, includes regular weekend shifts
Cincinnati Museum Center’s (CMC) Learning Team reflects three audiences of focus: Community Engagement & Programs, School & Teacher Partnerships, and Museum Experience.
The Museum Experiences team develops and/or delivers a suite of multi-disciplinary programs that support experiences in the Cincinnati History Museum, the Children’s Museum, and the Museum of Natural History & Science. Coordinators are responsible for engaging through a variety of formats designed for our diverse audience.
Museum Experience Volunteer Coordination: 60%
- Supports Museum Experience youth and adult volunteers in facilitating trainings and evaluations on effective customer service and engagement techniques in gallery spaces and floor programming. Collaborate with Managers of Shows & Interpretation, Labs & Maker Spaces, and Gallery Activities to develop trainings and evaluations. Provide feedback and guidance to youth and adult volunteers to encourage growth and development.
- Work collaboratively with Museum Experience adult and youth volunteers to create a cohesive and comprehensive visitor experience across CMC audiences and locations.
- Identify which adult volunteers will work daily and communicate scheduling needs to the team lead. Be available to check in with each volunteer, provide ongoing mentorship, and assist in moments of redirection.
- Provide daily support to youth volunteers across museums and experiences, providing ongoing mentorship and assisting in moments of redirection.
- Work collaboratively with the Managers, Directors, and Senior Directors of Museum Experience and Community Engagement to relay communications and ideas between departments.
- Work with Museum Experience Managers to determine the types of equipment and/or materials to be used in our diverse suite of programming. Monitor work areas to ensure we have safe and secure workplaces that are in legal and/or regulatory compliance.
- Work with Museum Experience Managers to track, train and provide daily schedules for youth volunteers on floor.
- Communicate any issues, questions or concerns about youth to Youth Programs staff.
- Oversee and manage Museum Experience Better Impact shifts for adult volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Museum Experience Team Lead: 40%
- Act as Team Lead 2-3 days each week, leading floor operations across the 3 museums, trouble-shooting challenges, and acting as the main point of contact for floor staff and volunteers on that day.
- Create daily schedule that supports ME, CEP, and STP staffing needs on the day, serving as the Team Lead.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience
- 2-3+ year of working with volunteers and/or youth preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Manage time to meet organizational, departmental, and personal deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to change; strong team player
- Able to effectively communicate with staff and guests of all ages and abilities in an understandable and pleasant manner; able to speak to large and small groups of people from a variety of racial, cultural, ethnic, gender, and generational backgrounds with sensitivity and active listening
- Able to quickly learn, apply and teach new knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm and react in a balanced manner in times of stress.
- Passion for working with guests; able to coach guests to explore their questions and make their own discoveries; comfort with operational details and ensuring safety through procedures.
- Willing to be trained in safety protocols, especially tool and chemical safety. Willing to use lab equipment, tools, machinery, art materials, and be comfortable facilitating programs in a lab and maker space setting.
- Comfort with live animals, willing to be trained on animal handling and other relevant safety protocols.
- *Perform other duties as requested or assigned
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org