Website The Nancy and David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center
Job Title: Museum Tour Manager Department: Education
Reports To: Chief Learning Officer Effective Date: 11/4/22
About The Role:
The Nancy and David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center (HHC), which exists to ensure that the lessons of the Holocaust inspire action today, seeks a Full-time Museum Tour Manager to join the team.
This position oversees all tours and field trips and plays a key role in creating specialized museum experiences. They will recruit, train, schedule and manage docents. They will also schedule, confirm, and organize all tours and field trips in the museum, including logistics for in person speakers and other activities.
- Actively seeks tour bookings for organizations and visitors; works directly with the Cincinnati Museum Center (CMC) and tour organizations.
- Work with HHC Marketing on creating materials for reaching tourists and other organizations.
- Work with CMC Tour Manager and Guest Experiences Director to coordinate tours.
- Responsible for scheduling tours, field trips, and special experiences.
- Post tours on Outlook, and other calendars to ensure tour information is available to HHC staff, floor staff and CMC.
- Ensure tours run smoothly and problem solve any issues that arise, including leading tours as necessary.
- Recruit, interview, and oversee docents including scheduling.
- Engages docent through various methods (programming, recognition lunches, etc.).
- Meet docents on tour days, aid them in rotations and logistics, work with floor staff to help keep tours on time. Serve as on-site contact person for all tours and field trips.
- Train and certify docents to be eligible to lead tours.
- Create method of evaluation of docents.
- Meet buses and communicate with teachers and tour organizations in rotunda to go over logistics, policies and introduce docents.
- Work with Education staff to create training for docents.
- Work with Education & Museum teams to create tour experiences and train docents in those tours.
- Liaise with CMC guest services and Museum Operations Manager to alert public safety of tours.
- Communicate with teachers and organizers on what they strive to achieve from their visit.
- Use data gathered from evaluations and conversations with teachers to inform Education team and HHC staff on needed changes and additions.
- Track engagement and analyze data for tours and school field trips and groups.
- Communicate special needs of groups or work to create special programs for groups.
- Inform floor staff and other HHC staff of upcoming tours, docent trainings and other tour related information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, docents, volunteers, school and organizational tour groups.
- Coordinates thank you’s & evaluations for visitors.
Ideal Experience & Abilities:
Bachelor’s degree preferred
2+ years of museum or demonstrated experience in tour management and museum interpretation.
Public speaking, theatrical experience, or tour experience (a storyteller).
A friendly, organized multi-tasker who is self-motivated and adaptable, able to handle logistics.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills.
Team player who can also work independently.
Proficiency with Zoom and Microsoft Office and ability to learn new software, including Sirius Ware and Better Impact
Passion for the mission of HHC.
Background in Holocaust, Genocide, or Humanity based education a plus.
Ability to work with diverse groups of individuals.
Outreach experience and ability to cold call and sell programs.
Salary & Benefits:
· $45,000 – $50,000 commensurate with experience.
· Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance.
· Employer matching retirement program.
· 20 days of PTO in addition to being off on Federal and certain Jewish Holidays.
· Free family membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center.
· A supportive and exciting workplace environment.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org