Website The Bronzeville Center for the Arts (BCA)
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reports to: Bronzeville Center for the Arts Board of Directors
- Provide innovative and visionary leadership in the planning, implementation, and operation of the newly-created Bronzeville Center for the Arts, and organization with a goal of affecting substantive change for the benefit of the community, as well as for advancing our understanding of African American diasporic art and culture across the region and nation.
- Oversee the planning, development and construction of the Bronzeville Center for the Arts architectural and site projects.
- Oversee the management of the Center, directing staff regarding all day-to-day operations including exhibitions, programming andthe safety and well-being of visitors, users, and staff.
- Advise the Board on institutional strategy, operations, and policy matters.
- Lead strategic planning.
- Contribute to ongoing fundraising efforts; ensure impactful evaluation of all short-term and long-term fundraising efforts with specific milestones necessary to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Prepare and oversee capital and operating budgets, ensuring appropriate levels of financial control and compliance.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with regional Black arts, heritage and other organizations, private- and public-sector partners,educators and public agencies, as well as the local, regional and international media.
- Remain cognizant and up-to-date on local, community and national issues that may require adjustments to the strategic plan, inorder to leverage opportunities and/or to solve challenges.
- Enhance BCA’s reputation by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic, community based, and private organizations.
- Cultivate a positive organizational culture, committed to attracting and retaining a diverse employee base.
Skills & Experience;
- The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, innovative, and visionary individual with a passion for African American and African Diaspora art and artists. An existing interest in/knowledge of Black Milwaukee and Wisconsin art and artists would be an asset.
- This leader will have exceptional interpersonal skills and leadership experience gained by working in the museum, gallery, visitor experience or nonprofit field.
- They will be confident and capable as the public face of the Center. A proven record in fundraising success is preferred.
- Demonstrated achievement leading a team in transformative environments will be key, bringing experience in project management, program development and strategic partnerships. Additionally, they will have an ability to assess and implement the infrastructure and operational requirements necessary to support sustainable growth.
- Required qualifications include a degree in nonprofit management, arts administration, or museum management or 10+ years’ experience in nonprofit leadership, visitor experience and/or audience development.
- Passionate and committed to the Bronzeville Center for the Arts’ mission and vision.
- A strategic and visionary leader who combines strong knowledge of African American art and culture, institutional leadership, organizational management, and creative problem-solving skills with commercial instinct and resourcefulness.
- Exceptional relationship-building and interpersonal skills; actively seeks input from others, at all levels of the organization and community, creating an environment where ideas and information are easily exchanged, and voices are heard.
- Exceptional communicator and dynamic public speaker; ability to inspire and successfully carry out the role of being an ambassador and leading voice of BCA.
- Demonstrates the highest standards of ethics, integrity, respect and humility.
$200,000 to $250,000 based on experience.
To learn more about this opportunity, please contact:
Partner, Bridge Partners
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com