Join our team of curious innovators! The Bakken Museum is looking for a Marketing Associate to manage engaging social media accounts, develop unique collateral, and create marketing content. This position will work closely with the Associate Director of Marketing and Communications to plan and implement marketing initiatives that engage all museum audiences.
This role is primarily Monday through Friday, with occasional work on weekends and evening hours to promptly monitor and respond to social media.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
40% – Social Media Management
- Manage social media strategy, planning, development, and distribution.
- Write and edit accurate, innovative, and engaging content which maintains the museum’s brand and voice (inspirational and a bit cheeky).
- Develop social media content, including producing video and graphic design.
- Monitor the museum’s social media presence, including responding to comments and mentions.
- Cultivate relationships with social media influencers to increase the museum’s profile and attendance.
- Develop and maintain the museum’s social media style guide and internal policies to convey consistent voice, tone and brand.
- Maintain open communication with museum colleagues to stay informed on upcoming events and museum initiatives, shaping the messaging for visitors, the community, and followers.
- Create reports and analysis of the museum’s social media efforts.
30% – Content Creation
- Design original graphics for internal and external promotion, museum signage, advertising campaigns, social media, and the museum’s website.
- Ensure program and promotional materials are in alignment with the museum’s existing style guide.
- Contribute to the organization-wide editorial calendar.
- Broaden awareness through posting museum events and happenings on online calendars.
- Monitor internal signage needs, order, and fill signage throughout museum spaces.
- Maintain organized archives of branded material and collateral.
20% – Email Marketing
- Maintain email distribution lists using Altru Blackbaud and MailChimp.
- Design and distribute email marketing campaigns.
10% – Web Management
- Work with all departments of the museum to ensure website content is clear and up-to-date.
- Maintain the museum’s profiles on consumer review websites.
- Monitor and respond to consumer reviews.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Diversity – Eager to work effectively with other employees, partners, and participants without discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, family composition, marital status, or socioeconomic status. Committed to opportunities to support cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Commitment to Service – Responsive to the needs and requests of the museum’s visitors, event guests, and organization partners. Extends courtesy, friendliness, and overall respect to others.
- Interpersonal Communication and Teamwork – Listens well and is open to others’ perspectives. Develops strong working relationships and values them as critical to effective work.
- Initiative – Demonstrates willingness to make significant contributions with little direction. Voluntarily starts projects. Exercises good judgment and independent actions when appropriate.
- Flexible – Adaptable and responsive to change. Able to respond to requests promptly.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience in graphic design and managing social media accounts.
- Strong writer, storyteller, and editor.
- A keen eye for good design.
- Understanding of social media metrics and the ability to generate, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work with Adobe Creative Suite and/or other graphic design and video editing software.
- Understanding of MailChimp or similar email automation service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Understanding of HTML and website management.
- Experienced in email marketing.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to stand/sit for at least 8 hours per day
- Ability to move through and access all areas of the buildings and grounds including stairs, indoor/outdoor areas, and small spaces.
- Ability to physically manipulate computer and AV components, office files, and similar equipment related to an office environment.
Limited travel within the 9-county Metro area.
COVID-19 Safety and Guidelines
The Bakken Museum is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for visitors, students, and staff. In accordance with our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, all staff will be required to be vaccinated from COVID-19 beginning July 5, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for those who cannot take the vaccine due to health or religious reasons.
- Salary: $42,000 Annually
- Eligible to participate in medical and dependent care FSAs and 403(b) retirement plans.
- Eligible for Group Health Insurance: The Bakken Museum pays for 100% of the premium.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member assigned to this position. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org