Provides administrative and operations support for the executive leadership of The Bakken Museum. Supports specific activities related to the successful implementation of the comprehensive development plan such as database management and administration of Board and donor/partner activities. This role is primarily Monday through Friday, with occasional work on weekends and evening hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
40% – Administrative Support
- Work both independently and collaboratively to complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the organization.
- Provide administrative support to the President & CEO and Vice President of Programs and Operations including managing calendars, scheduling meetings, developing presentations, drafting correspondence, and preparing reports and summaries.
- Ensure administrative procedures and systems are in place to effectively support museum leadership and development teams and routinely analyze procedures to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Maintain open communication with museum colleagues to stay informed on upcoming events and museum initiatives.
- Update and disseminate the museum organizational chart.
- Organize and maintain museum office supplies.
- Assist with public museum events as needed, including assisting coordinating with partners, and assisting day-of.
25% – Board of Directors Support
- Serve as first point of contact for Board of Directors, and work with the President & CEO and museum Leadership Team to coordinate board committee functions and systems.
- Work with Leadership Team members and committee chairs to plan agendas, organize board packets and materials, take meeting minutes and maintain documentation and records in accordance with best practices and museum bylaws.
- Respond to information requests, support board communications and back up other Board functions under the guidance of the President & CEO.
- Record, process, and acknowledge gifts, including in-kind donations via digital, handwritten, and other methods.
- Enter, update, and maintain constituent records in museum Blackbaud Altru (CRM) database.
- Work with Finance Department to reconcile Altru donation entries with financial software.
- Assist with planning, staffing, and follow-up for donor events and meetings.
- 10% – Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Diversity – Eager to work effectively with other employees, partners, and participants without discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, family composition, marital status, or socioeconomic status. Committed to opportunities to support cultural diversity in the workplace.
- Commitment to Service – Responsive to the needs and requests of the museum’s visitors, event guests, and organization partners. Extends courtesy, friendliness, and overall respect to others.
- Interpersonal Communication and Teamwork – Listens well and is open to others’ perspectives. Develops strong working relationships and values them as critical to effective work.
- Initiative – Demonstrates willingness to make significant contributions with little direction. Voluntarily starts projects. Exercises good judgment and independent actions when appropriate.
- Flexible – Adaptable and responsive to change. Able to respond to requests promptly.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including all levels of staff, external vendors, and board of directors.
- Attention to detail; ability to perform administrative duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and constant supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365.
- Understanding of Blackbaud Altru or similar CRM software preferred by not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to stand/sit for at least 8 hours per day
- Ability to move through and access all areas of the buildings and grounds including stairs, indoor/outdoor areas, and small spaces.
- Ability to physically manipulate computer and AV components, office files, and similar equipment related to an office environment.
Limited travel within the 9-county Metro area.
COVID-19 Safety and Guidelines
The Bakken Museum is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for visitors, students, and staff. In accordance with our COVID-19 Preparedness Plan, all staff will be required to be vaccinated from COVID-19 beginning July 5, 2021. Reasonable accommodations will be made for those who cannot take the vaccine due to health or religious reasons.
- Salary: $35,568 Annually
- Eligible to participate in medical and dependent care FSAs and 403(b) retirement plans.
- Eligible for Group Health Insurance: The Bakken Museum pays for 100% of premium
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the staff member assigned to this position. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com