Website Solid Light
Solid Light is seeking Fabrication Specialists to join our award-winning firm and multidisciplinary Fabrication team. Applicants should have experience in carpentry, construction, drafting, machine operations, sanding/finishing, and/or welding. Responsible for a diverse array of fabrication and/or installation of in-house produced elements, this role reports to the Fabrication Director. The ideal candidate is a driven creative, natural problem solver, and dedicated team player committed to delivering excellence in a fast-paced, exciting environment. Learn more about how you can join a growing company, building and installing one-of-a-kind experiences across the country below.
Primary job functions include:
- Fabricating exhibit elements
- Finish work for fabricated elements
- Assembly of display parts generated and cut on CNC machine
- Wrapping, packing, loading and unloading materials deliveries and/or elements for installation
- Installation of fabricated elements & wall graphics
- Maintaining an organized and clean work area
- Knowledge of materials — hardwoods, sheet goods, veneers, laminates and finishes
- Knowledge of paint pre- and finish-prep
- Extensive knowledge of stationary and hand-held power tools including table saw, drill press, routers, typical rotary blade/bit tools, nail guns, glues and finishes, and theming
- Welding skills desired but not required
- Proficiency in reading and comprehending drawings
- Good understanding of basic math
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to follow directions and adhere to quality building standards
Requirements for this position:
- Bachelor’s in related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in finish carpentry
- 1 year of experience in scenic/themed environments is desired
- Ability to work overtime, nights, and weekends (when necessary) to deliver projects on deadline
- Ability to travel to installation sites within the United States by car or airplane, sometimes for extended periods
- Effective communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
Pay: Starting at $20/hr based on background and experience.
Solid Light provides a generous benefits package that enhances the entire compensation package.
Apply here: https://solidlightinc.applicantpool.com/jobs/863278-127369.html
To apply for this job please visit solidlightinc.applicantpool.com.