Website Saint Louis Art Museum
Limited Term Member Experience Coordinator
All applicants should include a resume, cover letter and writing sample for consideration.
Summary: The primary purpose for the Membership Experience and Coordinator is to retain existing donors and cultivate new donors through effective email, online, and print communication and execute development and membership events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate positive relationships with Members through answering the Member phone line and responding to emails received in the Member inboxes.
- Plan and execute an annual schedule of virtual and in person events for General Members ($1,000 and under).
- Provide overall virtual and in person event coordination, including event budgeting, programming, promotion, reservation/ticketing procedures, and operations during the event.
- Assist in writing, editing, and oversee the workflow of Member communication pieces, including Member guides, invitations, eNews, emails, Member webpages, magazine articles, brochures, and recognition/program materials.
- Manage and coordinate email lists, schedule, and content for existing and perspective Members. Assist in writing and editing of email communications.
- Create and manage event records, invitation lists, within the Raiser’s Edge database. Process online reservations and memberships. Assist with updates to donor records.
- Work with internal staff, operations, and outside vendors to arrange staffing, catering, décor, entertainment, and rentals for events.
- Work closely with the Museum’s Learning & Engagement and Marketing departments to maximize programming opportunities for Members and donors.
- Communicate with Development and External Affairs Division about upcoming events and registration procedures.
- Assist in planning and implementation of annual fundraising events.
- Establish strong working relationships with and coordinate the activities of volunteers who are hosting events or assisting with events.
- Assist in membership processing and fulfilment during periods of high volume.
- Assist the Membership and Annual Fund Officer, Director of Annual Programs and other membership staff with administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of two years’ professional paid experience in a non-profit institution or an equivalent client-focused environment required. Must have demonstrated professional writing, organizational skills, and an attention to detail and be competent in Microsoft Office products Outlook, Word, and Excel. Experience with the Raiser’s Edge (or similar database), MailChimp, and WordPress preferred. Prior experience in email marketing and/or event planning is also preferred. This position requires working frequent nights and weekends and occasional local daytime travel.
Application Deadline: September 12, 2022
COVID-19 Requirement: Must be fully vaccinated and boosted to qualify for on-site interview and/or offer of employment
Minimum of Range: $22.25/hour
Status: Full-Time (37.5 hours/week)
Position Term: Fall 2022-March 2024
The Saint Louis Art Museum is committed to building a diverse staff and strongly encourages applications from candidates of color.
The Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience, without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit us62e2.dayforcehcm.com.