Website Rahr-West Art Museum / City of Manitowoc, WI
Summary of Job
The Administrative Support Specialist position is a high profile clerical position performing a variety of public relations and administrative duties for the Rahr-West Art Museum. Occasional evening and weekend work required. The Administrative Support Specialist works under the general direction of the Rahr- West Art Museum Director.
- Perform receptionist duties such as answer telephone and greet visitors. Interact effectively with visitors, telephone customers, board members, staff and others.
- Process and manage accounting documents for billing and revenue.
- Organize and maintain filing system.
- Maintain computer databases for items such as the publicity distribution list, membership list, and budget entries.
- Schedule special events, facility usage, and tours.
- Assist with development and implementation of special events and educational programming.
- Schedule and relay assignments to volunteers, grant program employees and security guards.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence to various audiences.
- Create solicitation materials (hard copy and digital) and prepare bulk mailings.
- Assist in the maintenance and proliferation of digital social media and website
- Serve as staff representative, take minutes, create and distribute correspondence for board meetings.
- Assist and orient visitors with the museum, including sales from Rahr-West art Museum Gift Shop.
- Assist Curatorial Staff in creating and managing multiple exhibitions annually.
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Administrative Certificate preferred
5-7 years in secretarial or administrative assistant position preferred
Must possess a valid driver’s license. CPR Certification desired
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required; Professional and effective communication skills required; Proficiency with general accounting principles and accounting software systems; Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Publisher or similar desktop publishing program; Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
Salary: $20.52 – $23.45 Hourly plus City of Manitowoc Benefits package including Wisconsin Retirement System
The City anticipates filling these positions pending Committee approval and funding.
THE CITY OF MANITOWOC PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY. FOR INFORMATION ABOUT E-VERIFY, PLEASE VISIT http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify.
The City of Manitowoc is a qualifying Public Service Loan Forgiveness organization.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.