Website Putnam Museum and Science Center
Position: Director of Marketing and Membership
Reports to: President/CEO
Putnam Museum and Science Center needs a dynamic marketing professional and relationship-builder to engage our community to participate with and support this iconic institution. This position is responsible for the broader public image of the Putnam and the promotion of its many programs, services, and public offerings – in the general community and among key constituency like current consumers, members, donors, and community partners.
The Director of Marketing and Membership is a full-time, exempt position within the Putnam Museum and Science Center. The starting salary range is $54,000 – $61,000 annually with a competitive benefits package.
The position leads a department of staff and volunteers and is both a project and people manager. The marketing and membership department facilitates:
- media relations, advertising, print media, and all facets of the Putnam’s online presence
- a continuum of member and volunteer engagement and relationship-building strategies
- outreach to stakeholders in tourism, chamber, and the economic development community
- development and implementation of a strategic marketing and branding approach for the museum
- a variety of communication tools and campaigns for consumers, supporters, and donors
- brand experience throughout facility and in capital campaign fundraising among visitors, supporters, and prospective donors
- Leads staff of three dedicated to membership, volunteer program, marketing, all media channels, promotions, special events, print materials, and brand experience in the museum
- Develops, implements, and evaluates annual marketing and membership plans for the museum. Plans and monitors annual budget for the museum’s marketing and membership expenses.
- Oversees the writing, editing and distribution of all printed and electronic media information pertaining to the museum. Provides ongoing continuous improvement of the museum web site and all social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube.
- Coordinates the writing, editing, design and production of the museum’s newsletters, Annual Report, brochures, invitations, promotional materials, and other publications. Coordinates design, printing, and production of publications in-house and through a series of contracted relationships.
- Provides consistency and quality in the presentation of the museum’s visual image, ensuring adherence to brand standards across all media, signage, and communication tools.
- Drives a proactive approach to media relations. Develops and presents proposals for in-kind and other media partnerships. Coordinates the museum’s advertising program, including both paid and in-kind.
- Develops and implements promotional projects designed to generate increased attendance, program participation, and membership.
- Provides technical support and content development for the production of audiovisual presentations, maintaining image and video library for promotional use.
- Coordinates market research and conducts or coordinates community surveys to align the museum’s purpose and goals and the needs and interests of the audience we serve or want to engage.
- Provides work assignments and evaluates performance of staff members, interns, and volunteers assigned to public relations, marketing, and membership functions.
- Facilitates effective communication between the Marketing staff and other operating units of the museum, collaborating across a variety of Putnam departments and partner groups.
- Schedules presentations to civic groups and other organizations; makes presentations on general museum activities as may be requested.
- Represents the museum at fairs and festivals, as may be assigned.
- Orders supplies and equipment relating to the public relations and marketing program.
- Participates in the evaluation of museum programs and events.
- Serves as staff liaison to community organizations as may be assigned.
- Performs other duties as may be required to support the effective operation of the museum.
- Minimum of 5 years prior work experience in public relations and/or a related field in similar position
- Supervisory experience required.
Email cover letter and resume to Drue K. Curry, Vice President of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 5, 2023
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com