Website Missouri Historical Society
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
The Missouri Historical Society commits to a process of listening attentively to one another and leveraging best practices and resources across our organization to promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities; ages; nationalities; social and economic statuses; sexual orientations; gender identities/expressions; religious, political, and ideological perspectives; and abilities are able to be engaged, feel valued, and thrive. click here for the full Commitment to Racial Equity
The Gift Planning Officer reports to the Managing Director of Philanthropy. This position is responsible for fundraising initiatives to secure principal, major, and planned gifts. The Gift Planning Officer will develop, manage, and implement strategies for identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors through individualized plans leading to transformational gifts. This position will devote approximately 40% time to managing a sophisticated planned giving program, and 60% time developing relationships with donors with significant potential to make a major planned and/or current gift. For more information about the Missouri Historical Society and our vision for the region, visit mohistory.org/vision.
- Engage, cultivate, and solicit a portfolio of prospective and current donors identified for the campaign for outright and deferred gifts.
- Develop written proposals, illustrations, gift agreements, renewal letters, and other donor communications to ensure effective solicitation and stewardship.
- Educate and promote planned giving opportunities including bequests, trusts, and other opportunities to donors and stakeholders.
- Invite prospective and current donors to and/or meet individuals at programs and events such as Thursday Nights at the Museum.
- Coordinate with philanthropy staff to provide continuous stewardship of Chouteau Society and monitoring of those gifts to ensure donor satisfaction.
- Manage the marketing of the planned giving program including social media and website in coordination with the MD of Philanthropy and communications department.
- Record all relevant donor data and interactions in Altru and use the system’s analytical capabilities to support strong donor engagement and communication practices.
- Adhere to the professional fundraising ethics of the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, philanthropy, or related field; minimum of five years of demonstrable achievement in nonprofit fundraising with major gifts and planned gifts.
- Demonstrated experience in working with planned gift vehicles and planned giving software/calculators.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE), Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP), or Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of major gifts and planned gifts fundraising.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with donors, staff, and volunteers.
- Solid understanding of development principles, protocols, and best practices, especially those related to gift planning.
- Experience discussing legacy giving or estate planning with donors (or clients).
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player, a self-starter, and perform well with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Must demonstrate ability to think independently and exercise sound judgment.
- A positive attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to manage short-term and long-term plans and goals.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Altru (or comparable donor software).
- Position requires working occasional nights and weekends.
- Possess a current, valid driver’s license.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
Please upload cover letter and resume when applying.
*External job boards: Please click this link, to apply.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Services Provided On A Non-Discriminatory Basis
To apply for this job please visit mohistory.aaimtrack.com.