Website Missouri Historical Society
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
The Missouri Historical Society commits to a process of listening attentively to one another and leveraging best practices and resources across our organization to promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities; ages; nationalities; social and economic statuses; sexual orientations; gender identities/expressions; religious, political, and ideological perspectives; and abilities are able to be engaged, feel valued, and thrive. click here for the full Commitment to Racial Equity
The Communications Coordinator plays a vital role on the Missouri Historical Society’s digital communications team. This position handles the day-to-day content for mohistory.org and MHS’s email marketing program. The Communications Coordinator will serve as gatekeeper and editor for submitted content and the writer for new content. They will ensure a consistent brand voice and that all graphic and brand standards are met.
- Coordinates day-to-day content for mohistory.org, serving as the gatekeeper for submitted content and the writer for new content.
- Ensures that graphic and brand standards are being met.
- Ensures a uniform digital voice for mohistory.org and the online presences of MHS and its entities: the Missouri History Museum, Soldiers Memorial Military Museum, and the Library & Research Center.
- Coordinates day-to-day operations of MHS’s email marketing program, inputting and designing messages, scheduling and planning mailings.
- Maintains the email marketing database of recipients.
- Tracks and analyzes data using Google Analytics and MailChimp in order to improve MHS’s website and email marketing strategy.
- Contributes content for MHS’s social media channels as needed.
- Monitors trends and mission-driven opportunities to engage the public in meaningful ways.
- Ability to attend specified evening and weekend events to provide social media coverage.Skills:
- Proven writing and editing skills. Serious candidates will be asked to submit 3-5 writing samples.
- Knowledge of Chicago Style.
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-focused environment.
- Experience with email marketing software.
- Knowledge of basic HTML and WordPress. Familiarity with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of SEO principles and web accessibility standards.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics and personas.
- Strong interpersonal skills to motivate and drive collaboration.
- Ability to work both independently and with small committees and groups.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.Understanding of how data and analytics shape strategy.
- SEO search or Google AdWords certified.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Photoshop, or other design software
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism, English, or other related and at least one year of experience working in web content writing, editing, or social media. OR 3-5 Years of progressive experience in the marketing field.
Deadline to Apply: Open until filled.
Please upload cover letter and resume when applying.
*External job boards: Please click this link, to apply.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Services Provided On A Non-Discriminatory Basis
To apply for this job please visit mohistory.aaimtrack.com.