Website Missouri Association for Museums and Archives
Seeking to build capacity on its services to Missouri museums and archives through a collaborative partnership with the Missouri Humanities Council (MHC), MAMA seeks a Program Manager who will serve as a primary contact and general manager for the organization. Responsibilities include planning, organizing, directing and coordinating all
programs, internships, and other activities of the organization to assure that board objectives are attained, plans fulfilled, and member needs met. The Program Manager will maintain effective internal and external relationships, ensure a streamlined process for event management, and develop a process for centralizing operations of the organization.
This is a full-time, one year (12 month) temporary position, $45,000, no benefits, location flexible; date of hire negotiable (to start before Dec. 30, 2021). It reports jointly to the President of MAMA and the Executive Director of the MHC. A significant part of this position will be to establish a sustainability plan for future employment.
Although this position is statewide in scope, and may require travel across the state, the Program Manager will be provided workspace and necessary office equipment in one of MHC’s offices. Mileage will be reimbursed.
The successful candidate will work with MAMA and the MHC to establish priorities and begin development on the areas of focus listed below:
- Creating a position-sustainability plan: Establishes such relationships as the Board of Directors may specify or as deemed advisable in the best interests of the MHC. In particular, this position is expected to work closely with the MHC to create a position-sustainability plan, ensuring longevity of the position beyond the temporary, one year appointment.
- Website redesign and maintenance: works to re-envision MAMA’s two existing hosted websites and combine them into one operational and effective website; effectively utilizes the website for communication to the public.
- Membership structure and development: Plans, organizes and directs membership promotion and retention programs, evaluates results and recommends policies, procedures and action to achieve membership goals. Collects dues and terminates delinquent members.
- Diversity Internship management: in conjunction with the board of directors and interested institutions, promote, develop, and manage the MAMA diversity program, including creating internship guidelines; establishing educational
partnerships; maintaining communication with project partners (interns and sites); archiving final internship reports
- Programming/Workshop development and management: coordinates event management, including marketing, registration, online/virtual platform management, and gathering appropriate statistical information for reporting
purposes. May include management of MAMA’s annual membership meeting and conference.
- Improvement of communication channels/marketing: Plans and executes all communications to the general membership which include newsletters, general mailings, news releases, research reports, publications, etc.
- Daily management of MAMA’s budget: In cooperation with the MAMA executive board develops, recommends and upon approval operates within an annual budget.
● Bachelor’s Degree Required
● MA in museum studies, library/archival science, or equivalent field in the humanities
● Outstanding oral and written communication skills
● Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
● Negotiation skills to navigate multiple organizational structures
● Ability to learn new technologies and software
● Program management/Ability to organize and set priorities
● Ability to work well independently; take initiative; as well as work collaboratively
● Strong teamwork skills
● Website Design
● Marketing Experience
● Grant Writing and Fundraising
● Event management and/or coordination
● Budgeting and/or Accounting
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATIONS
The Missouri Humanities Council
Founded by Congress in 1971, Missouri Humanities is one of the fifty-six state and territorial
humanities councils that receives support from the National Endowment for the Humanities
(NEH). For nearly 50 years, the MHC has been dedicated to helping Missourians explore the
people, places, and ideas that shape our society. The focus for the future remains the same; for
a more thoughtful, informed, and civil society.
Missouri Association for Museums and Archives
MAMA exists to bring together Missouri organizations so they can share ideas, resources, and
information. With the ability to connect cultural institutions of Missouri through online
programming, workshops, and an annual conference, the organization strives to advocate for
financial viability, strategic growth, and development of educational opportunities of museums
and archives which serve the citizens of Missouri.
Candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, relevant transcripts, and the contact information for three professional references. Materials may be submitted to email@example.com or by mail to:
Pickler Memorial Library
Truman State University
100 East Normal Avenue
Kirksville MO 63501
Review of applications will begin September 13, 2021 and will continue until filled.
MAMA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action organization committed to assembling a diverse team. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, MAMA does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, or protected veteran status in its program or activities.
MAMA is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate form or to request an accommodation, please contact Amanda Langendoerfer, firstname.lastname@example.org, 660-785-7546.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com