Minnetrista Museum & Gardens
Job Title: Development Coordinator
Division: Community Engagement
Supervisor: Associate Director of Development
Location: Minnetrista Center Building
FLSA Status: Exempt, FT
Organizational Function: Front Line
PURPOSE: Support the fundraising and membership programs at Minnetrista. Assist in managing institutional database and serve on the cross-functional team to maintain and grow data usage.
- Possess strong computer and analytical skills. Experience with CRM databases preferred.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including familiarity with mail merge and calendaring.
- Be highly organized, detail oriented, dependable, and able to prioritize and execute multiple tasks, on time and on budget.
- Complete tasks independently and able to collaborate effectively on project-oriented teams; work with diverse members of the public and have a strong customer service mind set.
- Use outstanding communication skills, including being an active listener and clear and persuasive writer.
- Possess strong organizational and project management skills; event management experience preferred.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. The incumbent ensures effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual demonstrates maturity, sound judgment, positive attitude, and works collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all position responsibilities include the following three performance expectations & priorities:
- Achieve the organization’s purpose by demonstrating Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals, and strategies daily.
- Help others achieve the organization’s purpose through collaboration and teamwork.
- Carry out your job function through completing the following essential duties.
- Manage database processes for the development department including: processing donations and memberships, patron account management, data hygiene processes, creation of acknowledgement letters and membership cards, the generation of mailing lists, and provision of reporting and analysis.
- Assist in maintaining and updating institutional data; support reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Oversee the community donations program – Minnetrista’s donation program to other community organizations.
- Manage the business membership program, including strategizing acquisition of new business partners, relationship management, and renewal processes.
- Oversee planning and logistical management for all donor and membership events.
- Assist the associate director of development in preparing donation and membership communications: create and segment lists, manage and print mail merges, compile materials for mailing, coordinate with external vendors as appropriate.
- Assist the associate director of development in preparing grant and corporate sponsorship proposals: copy edit, print, compile supporting documentation, and mail.
- Assist associate director of development in fulfilling donor and member benefits.
- Assist with prospect research across all development functions: individuals, foundations, government funding, and corporations.
- Manage inventories of materials and supplies needed for development office use, including promotional materials.
- Engage in professional development and maintain an understanding of trends in nonprofit fundraising in order to make strategic decisions related to this work.
- Participate in development department success by improving processes, sharing information, and contributing new ideas.
- Perform all other duties required.
Primary sedentary office environment with desk, computer, phone, some physical files; remote work may be appropriate as facilitated through VP of Community Engagement. Must be able to move about 40-acre main campus. Work hours require flexibility with some evenings and weekends.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minnetrista values diversity and inclusivity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary Range: $39,000 – $43,000
To apply for this job please visit www.minnetrista.net.