Position Title: Theatre and Events Manager
Reporting Division: Visitor Experience
Reporting Department: Theatre and Events
Reporting Supervisor: VP – Visitor Experience
Location: Mary Lincoln Cottage
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full-Time
Organizational Function: Senior Manager
We are the home of the Ball Jar, the Ball Families, and their Company and serve as their legacy in East Central Indiana. Minnetrista’s forty-acre campus includes beautiful gardens, a modern museum facility, historic homes, a Nature Area, and a walkway along the White River Greenway. We trust that you won’t find another workplace environment as unique! Minnetrista offers a wide range of employment opportunities for individuals who want to help preserve East Central Indiana’s heritage and bring the community together.
Implement Minnetrista’s theatre-based programs and initiatives, including supervising the theatre team, and developing & implementing procedures and programming both on- and off-site. Oversee all production and experience elements of institutional signature events in collaboration with other departments.
• Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a theatre field (museum theatre, children’s theatre, theatre education, theatre arts, or related field). 3-5 years’ experience; museum experience preferred.
• Support and practice imaginative, engaging and visitor-centered education.
• Demonstrate experience in developing programming and events that are age-appropriate and meet a variety of learning styles.
• Able to lead a collaborative team on projects and events, from design to production.
• Work with large and small groups with ease and diverse audiences of children and adults. Experience in touring theatre-related programming, script writing, outreach, and directing a plus.
• Demonstrate supervisory and leadership experience; work individually and collaboratively with colleagues.
• Possess strong communication, multitasking, organizational, and project management skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
To be successful in this position, an individual must be aligned with Minnetrista’s cultural values and visitor-centric focus. The incumbent ensures effective working relationships by cultivating and maintaining professional credibility with all staff, administration, and volunteers. The individual demonstrates maturity, sound judgment, positive attitude, and works collaboratively with peers and colleagues throughout the organization and community.
Minnetrista’s culture is team-oriented and collaborative. To that end, all position responsibilities include the following three performance expectations & priorities:
• Achieve the organization’s purpose by demonstrating Minnetrista’s vision, values, mission, goals, and strategies daily.
• Help others achieve the organization’s purpose through collaboration and teamwork.
• Carry out job function through completing the following essential duties directly or through subordinate personnel.
• Work with institutional content specialists and contract actors, playwrights, designers, and/or directors to develop, implement and deliver theatre programming.
• Develop and manage the theatre and events budget.
• Support the experience & education and visitor services departments in program development and implementation.
• Maintain elements of theatre programs including staging materials, props, lighting, audio, and demonstration equipment in collaboration with the experience design department.
• Cultivate, supervise, train and lead contract staff, volunteers and interns to support museum theatre.
• Research, rehearse, and accurately perform theater programs as needed.
• Lead the cross-departmental Signature Events teams to develop and produce annual events in line with the Philosophy of Visitor Experience and institutional interpretive framework; update staff regarding event details including flow and logistics.
• Develop relationships with community organizations and individuals to further the goals of theater and events.
• Perform all other duties required.
Primarily a sedentary office environment with desk, computer, phone, and files. Must be able to reach overhead, bend, carry and grasp with hands, and handle items approximately 30 lbs. May involve standing or sitting at a work station for long periods of time. Work schedule flexibility is critical; will need to work some evenings and weekends and be able to move about the entire Minnetrista’s 40-acre campus. Some overnight travel may be required, along with daytime travel within a radius of Muncie, Indiana. A valid driver’s license is required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Minnetrista values diversity and inclusivity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
$38,000 to $42,000 Annually
Benefits include medical, dental, vision; 401(k) and company match opportunity; life insurance; short and long term disability; vacation, sick, holiday and personal days.
To apply for this job please visit www.minnetrista.net.