Website Minnesota Historical Societyc
#interpretation #customer service #retail #museum #store #cashie
JOB TITLE: #1751 Program Facilitator I, Historical Site Guide
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: Forest History Center – 2609 County Road 76, Grand Rapids, MN 55744
SALARY: $15.76 hourly minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Part-time, regular (approximately 624 annual hours) position. The majority of hours worked from May – August. Hours may vary according to seasonal site needs.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals.
DEPARTMENT: Greater Minnesota Sites
CLASSIFICATION: 55L Service
HIRING MANAGER: Program Supervisor
POSTING DATE: February 8, 2023
DEADLINE DATE: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to present engaging educational programs, serve visitors in the museum store, assist in the daily operations, and provide customer service to visitors of the Forest History Center.
The Program Facilitator I will present historical information regarding logging, forest management, conservation, and preservation in Minnesota using first- and third-person interpretation, inquiry, hands-on engagement, and discussion.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Present educational programs, guide tours, facilitate activities, as well as provide demonstrations and presentations using multiple interpretive and teaching techniques; 2) Perform museum store sales, admissions sales, and clerical services; 3) Receive, welcome and orient visitors to the site; 4) Assist in the maintenance and protection of the site’s grounds, facilities, and equipment; 5) Study site-related materials and attend trainings to enhance the delivery of the site’s interpretive programs; and 6) Follow site safety procedures.
● Demonstrated experience and ability to provide consistent high quality customer service.
● Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
● Ability to deliver effective verbal presentations in front of small to large sized groups.
● Ability to listen to the public and be responsive to inquiries and comments.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaborate and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Flexibility to adjust to changes in schedule and assignments.
● Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions.
● Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse public in a friendly and open manner, while conveying information or teaching.
● Basic accounting and math skills.
● Experience canoeing or kayaking and the ability to swim.
● Ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk up to 5 miles a day in heat, cold, rain, and snow.
● Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
● Comfort with working in high places.
● Willingness to work with sharp tools and fire.
● Comfortable working with or near horses.
● Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
● Willingness to complete all required safety training, including first aid and CPR, watercraft rescue, emergency response, etc.
● High School Diploma or equivalent.
● Experience working with children and/or adults in an educational environment.
● Experience in teaching, museum interpretation, theater, storytelling or group leadership.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.