Website Minnesota Historical Society
#finance #accounting #project management #nonprofit #museum
JOB TITLE: Finance Project Manager
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
COMPENSATION: $58,560.00 annual minimum; commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, (approximately 2,080 annual hours) project position through December 31, 2027.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
POSTING DATE: January 5, 2024
DEADLINE DATE: January 19, 2024
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to plan, organize and execute improvement and sustainability projects throughout the Finance department and related systems throughout the organization. Project management includes coordination with external and internal stakeholders to ensure objectives and systems, training and upkeep meet their requirements and contribute to the organization’s strategic priorities.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Manage the day-to-day activities and resources of each individual project to ensure outcomes align to and directly support the organization’s financial plan; 2) Execute Finance projects, processes and analysis as required to support institutional and project decisions; 3) Document key processes and systems to ensure the Finance department can function under a range of circumstances; and 4) Contribute to the continued professional development and best practices at MNHS.
● Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business or equivalent experience.
● Project management experience and knowledge of process mapping, continuous improvement and change management.
● Strong computer skills including ERP (Munis), Advanced Excel, Microsoft Office and all aspects of GOOGLE suite.
● Strong organization and documentation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Strong detail orientation with the ability to synthesize and organize complex information and maintain/upgrade systems and processes.
● Ability to work with a high degree of diplomacy and maintenance of confidentiality is required.
● Strong financial analytical skills relative to financial statements and budget preparation.
● Understanding of accounting processes.
● Preparation of financial statements, budget, financial forecasts.
● Knowledge of MNHS systems and fund accounting.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.