Website Minnesota Historical Society
#finance #museum #accountant #budget #capital budgets
JOB TITLE: Financial Analyst
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
COMPENSATION: $55,702.40 annual minimum
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,080 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DESIGNATION: Bargaining Unit AFSCME Local 3173
POSTING DATE: January 16, 2024
DEADLINE DATE: January 30, 2024
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to support the institutional budget process, lead the legacy and endowment financial processes and provide financial management to MNHS capital projects. This role also partners with the Development Office regarding donor, membership and other Development operations. This role will also support key department reporting and projects providing direct support to departmental managers and key projects and programs (ie. Historic Fort Snelling, 1500 project, etc). This position works independently on assigned projects and acts as a financial consultant to department directors and managers.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Coordinate and monitor financial planning and management for assigned departments; 2) Compile and consolidate financial data to create a balanced institutional annual budget. Monitor and adjust budgets related to institutional funding to support the monthly forecast process; 3) Partner with the Development Office to provide financial support to donor and endowment operations; 4) Coordinate and monitor the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund; 5) Provide support for State of MN appropriation funding; and 6) Prepare financial analysis and reporting for ongoing and special projects.
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or equivalent experience.
● Three years experience of increasing responsibility for budget and planning.
● Management of a planning or budgeting system and interfaces to a general ledger.
● Experience with financial analysis, project analysis and expense analysis.
● Familiarity with fund accounting, management reporting and planning.
● Experience supporting a management team.
● Strong organization and documentation skills.
● Demonstrated ability to work successfully with diverse groups of people.
● Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve.
● Demonstrated positive customer service skills.
● Demonstrated ability to multitask, work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritize and adapt to changing priorities.
● Demonstrated ability to work independently and take individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Strong detail orientation with the ability to synthesize and organize complex information and maintain/upgrade systems and processes.
● MBA in Finance, Accounting or Business.
● Experience working in a non-profit environment.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.