Website Minnesota Historical Society
#minnesota #museum #human resources #state of mN
JOB TITLE: #1815 Human Resources Generalist
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
COMPENSATION: $50,356.80 annual minimum, commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,080 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DESIGNATION: Bargaining Unit AFSCME Local 3173
POSTING DATE: August 29, 2023
DEADLINE DATE: September 12, 2023
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to provide professional support for MNHS human resources initiatives including staffing, employee relations, and a variety of other HR initiatives. This position also provides professional guidance and support to other human resources staff for the effective design, delivery and maintenance of key department systems and processes.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Support daily staffing operations; 2) Perform administrative tasks to support employment data changes, recruitment, and employment separation; 3) Deliver employee orientation and assist in the onboarding processes; 4) Investigate and resolve assigned employee relations and performance management issues; and 5) Work collaboratively with Human Resources, Volunteers & Interns staff to provide support and back-up for achieving department goals and objectives and to ensure the needs of MNHS staff and external customers are met.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
● Three years of experience working in a Human Resources department or equivalent.
● Ability to lift 10 pounds.
● Must be willing and able to travel to MNHS sites within the state of Minnesota.
● Valid driver’s license.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS IN:
● Planning, implementing, and advancing equity, inclusion, and access work in the HR field.
● Thinking imaginatively and problem solving.
● Customer service and interpersonal communications skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
● Multitasking, working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritizing and adapting to changing priorities.
● Working independently and taking individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Working effectively in a multicultural setting and a deep commitment to supporting and promoting diversity.
● Strong analytical and organizational skills with a demonstrated results orientation.
● Communicating clearly and accurately both orally and in writing.
● Recognizing and respecting confidential information.
● Record keeping skills sufficient to maintain thorough and accurate records.
● Analyzing data, making recommendations and preparing summary reports.
● Computer skills and technical proficiency.
● General human resources policies and procedures.
● Employment/labor laws.
● Implement best practices in recruitment and staffing, employee relations, employee engagement and general human resources management.
● Microsoft Word and Google suite applications.
● HR generalist experience including benefits administration.
● Experience designing, developing and administering employee engagement, learning and development or related human resources programs.
● Knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations relating to human resources administration.
● Ability to use web applications and information technology.
● Experience working in a non-profit environment.
● Familiarity with MNHS strategic priorities and culture.
● Experience working in a unionized environment or with a union contract.
Should you have questions with the application process, email email@example.com.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.