Website Minnesota Historical Society
JOB TITLE: #1567 Marketing Operations & Technology Manager
OPEN TO: This job is open to all applicants.
LOCATION: History Center – 345 W Kellogg Blvd., St. Paul, MN 55102
SALARY: $4,925.00 monthly minimum, commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,088 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
DEPARTMENT: Integrated Marketing Communications Services
CLASSIFICATION: 18K Supervisory
HIRING MANAGE Chief Communications & Marketing Officer
POSTING DATE: March 17, 2022
DEADLINE DATE: March 31, 2022
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to raise awareness about MNHS’s work and engage target audiences through our online and published assets using digital and traditional advertising.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Work with the account management team and internal clients to develop and implement marketing and communications strategies to support the business objectives of MNHS’s key programs and strategic initiatives; 2) Manage assigned internal client relationships; 3) Manage the functionality and integration of the organization’s systems, evaluate and manage system performance, and develop, maintain, and update the system with support from departmental staff and vendors; 4) Lead digital and traditional advertising strategies; 5) Lead marketing methodology, strategy, and campaigns; and 6) Provide overall direction for hiring, training, supervision, and motivation for assigned staff, interns, and volunteers, and ensure overall compliance with MNHS policies and procedures.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
● Eight years relevant marketing and communications experience.
● Experience with developing and executing marketing strategy.
● Experience using Google Analytics and social media analytics tools and the ability to adjust strategies based on findings.
● Experience managing Google Ad campaigns. Experience with Retargeting/Remarketing, Display,
and Rich Media/Video Advertising.
● Experience managing and executing social media advertising.
● Work with HubSpot Marketing Hub or similar marketing automation tools.
● Work with SEO tools, like Moz or ahrefs.
● Leverage social networking and other online community-related tools.
● Ability and willingness to travel.
● Valid driver’s license.
DEMONSTRATED SKILLS IN:
● Supervise staff, writing work plans and actively managing employee’s performance to ensure success towards organizational goals.
● Prepare strategies and develop ideas that deal with changing environments while considering the various challenges that lie ahead to resolve a situation or to achieve a business goal.
● Understand email marketing concepts and metrics such as Sender Score, deliverability, and sender reputation.
● Perform graphic design duties. Comfortable with tools like Adobe Creative Suite and Canva.
● Communicate successfully both orally and written when communicating to both external partners and internal teams in formal and informal meetings and presentations.
● Have an analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics.
● Have a flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace, and a “can do” attitude.
● Have an eye towards opportunity; is self-motivated; savvy around cultural and news events and happenings.
● Customer service and interpersonal communications skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
● Multitasking, working effectively under pressure to meet deadlines, prioritizing and adapting to changing priorities.
● Working independently and taking individual initiative while also being able to collaborate effectively and contribute positively in a team environment.
● Inbound Marketing methodology.
● HTML and CSS and experience managing and maintaining website properties.
● Experience with Agile project management methodology is a plus.
● Experience managing or working with web developers (vendors or staff).
● Experience or willingness to learn in SEO strategy and best practices.
● Experience writing engaging content for a blog.
Should you have questions with the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.mnhs.org.